Chase Needs Prayers

Guest LindsaySF

Guest LindsaySF

WAG's newest foster dog, Chase, could use some prayers and good thoughts right now. Chase is 13 years old. She was surrendered to WAG today because her owners had another baby and don't have time for her anymore. (She was originally adopted from a group in Chicago, and that group has been contacted).

When we got Chase this afternoon, she was extremely dehydrated and couldn't stop drinking water. She is also extremely underweight, she is literally a skeleton. I brought her to the emergency vet and she was admitted for IV fluids and will be kept overnight for observation and bloodwork.

Chase's racing weight was 55 pounds. Today she weighed 39 pounds. :( Please keep her in your thoughts.

~Lindsay~

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. Keep us posted on how she does, Lindsay. Sending a truckload of prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many prayers for this baby.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wonder if the surrendering owners are taking any better care of their infant than they did of Chase. :(

Best wishes for Chase.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

How awful. She'll be in my thoughts. I hope she doesn't have an underlying medical condition. Our 13 year old that we lost in July had several mystery things going on, along with kidney failure, and lost a lot of weight rapidly. Did they indicate if her weight was something new or if she'd seen a vet?

Also, out of curiosity, it seems WAG is getting a lot of bounces lately. What is going on up here in CT?

finalsiggy.jpg

Please keep us updated on her. I recently decided not to adopt my foster and I'm starting to think about adopting a new dog. Once she's a bit on the mend and you know more about her, I'd possibly be interested in her. I do have cats and I live in a town house, so there are about 5 stairs to get inside and a flight of stairs to the bedrooms. I also don't have a yard, I foster a bit, and I'm a pet sitter so she'd have to be good with all breeds and small dogs. If she can handle all that, I may want to meet her and see if she and my boy get along.

Guest LindsaySF

I'll keep everyone posted. We might have someone interested in her (a former WAG adopter), but we'll have to see what her prognosis is. Sambuca, she did well with the other dogs (large and small) that she met today, but obviously she is not feeling well, so that might not be accurate.

Also, out of curiosity, it seems WAG is getting a lot of bounces lately. What is going on up here in CT?

Sometimes (usually) the bounces happen all at once, so the volunteers can get in a tizzy and pull their hair out. ;) I expect there to be more bounces from RI (where Maggie came from) because the RI track adoption program is closed down now, so RI adopters are turning to groups in other states (or more often, Craigslist) when they need help.

We also just took in Cricket, a nearly 12 year-old male. WAG placed him in 2002. His owner is having health problems, and can't care for him any longer, so the timing on him is unfortunate, but a coincidence.

~Lindsay~

Wonder if the surrendering owners are taking any better care of their infant than they did of Chase. :(

Best wishes for Chase.

Glad you asked this - because I thought it....Even if she has an underlying condition - the thought of not having time for you senior hound after years of having her as part of the family is just unfathomable.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Best wishes for Chase.

Glad you asked this - because I thought it....Even if she has an underlying condition - the thought of not having time for you senior hound after years of having her as part of the family is just unfathomable.

I only meant that I hope that she doesn't have an underlying medical condition given her weight loss- if it is neglect then hopefully she will have the chance to live more happy healthy years with a new loving family. Though the alternative is awful too. It does sound like neglect- like she did not even have water. It does not sound like they had been taking her to the vet either. How can you neglect your senior hound that way? Sadie's senior years were some of our best with her.

I'll go a step further and say those people shouldn't be allowed to have kids if they can't provide basic care for their dog.

Please keep us updated. We're eager to hear what the vet says. She'll be in our thoughts.

finalsiggy.jpg