Jessie

Little did I know that two weeks after Jilly and I brought Jonah home, Jilly would be gone, Taken from me by that damn monster osteo. I was devastated. Beyond devastated really. Jonah and Joshy were depressed and all the energy was sucked out of our home. All of us needed a new focus. I am not one that chooses to take a lot of time before I need to bring another hound home to love. So I asked my group friends to start looking for the right little girl for us. I new it would take awhile and boy that chafed. I think I drove Deb crazy asking if she had found my girl yet.

Anyway last Saturday I was having a morning coffee visit with a greyhound friend, Carrie (Lilythetigerdog). I looked out the window and saw a black greyhound being walked down my street. Hmm that's pretty strange I thought. Mine are the only black greys in the area that I knew about. So I went to the door to greystalk and found them on my front steps!

Now to say I was shocked is an extreme understatement!! Although I know Deb, in my mind she was in Edmonton, thousands of miles away. In fact I had just spoken to her the evening before. I could absolutely not comprehend that she was here in my house with a black greyhound in hand. I truly was speechless. I progressed to what are you doing here!! And who is that!! When I introduced her to Carrie, they both laughed at me. Apparently Carrie had just picked Deb up at the airport and dropped her at the end of my street. She was to be the event photographer too.

This is your new girl Deb said. She is a gift from your friends in the WFUBCC - all of Jilly's dear friends. Oh and her name is Jessie she said. There was this beautiful shiny black girl with a huge pink bow on her collar and she was for Joshy, Jonah and me. My heart healer girl.

My heart just overflowed with so many emotions. This was the most extraordinary thing to ever happen to me. Jessie is just a wonderful girl. She is sweet and cuddly. She is funny and a huge fan of squeaky stuffies. Jonah adores her and even my Joshy is a happier boy these days. She has settled in with nary a bump. The best part is that she absolutely does not need to be Jilly to be loved. She is four and has been waiting a very long time for a home. She broke a leg in a schooling race so I guess maybe about two years waiting? Her leg does not hamper her in any way at all.

Introducing Jessie!

Jesse-5.jpg

My new girl. Really??

Jesse-6.jpg

Huh look at all these roks!

Jesse-16.jpg

As it should be, the boy at my feet! Joshy and Jessie

Jesse-19.jpg

Hi angel Jilly. I got this for you. I promise!

Jesse-17.jpg

All of us together Jessie, Deb, Jonah, me, and Joshy

Jesse-21.jpg

I have no words to thank all my so very dear friends. You and Jessie have helped my heart so very much. I will forever miss my Dancing Queen Jilly but I am so looking forward to getting to know my Jessie. Welcome home sweetheart!

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kelli123

How wonderful that is . It gave me goose bumps and tears to my eyes. She is so beautiful. And the picture of her looking up and talking to Jilly is Great. Thanks Jilly for taking care of your mom and brothers. I loved your story Heart breaking and wonderful all at the same time.

Congratulations you have a Greyt looking family And I'm sure Jilly is smiling down on you all,

:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Welcome home sweetheart! Know that you have many God Mothers and Fathers.

Thank you Jilly for helping is find the way.

My favourite picture ever!

Jesse-17.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Susan, I cried happy tears each time I re-read this on unruly boys right after it happened. Now I am crying again though this is the elebentysebenth time I've read it! Too many shocks we have in life are devastating. This is one of the bright shiny uplifting heart healing ones. :beatheart

I am so happy for your family. I look forward to the stories of Jessie, Jonah, and Joshy's antics as hearts are healed and laughter and contentment again fill your home. :gh_bow

sue

Oh MAN. I thought I was done crying about this little piece of life, but no.

I must say, I have never had as much fun, plotting and planning with Deb and others to get this gorgeous girl to Susan!

I think Deb and I both deserve Academy Awards! And I know Susan will never QUITE believe anything I say again!

And thanks to all the HUGE hearted people who helped make this happen!

I think Jessie has found the perfect home, as has Jonah and Joshy!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

:colgate:colgate:colgate:colgate:colgate

Happy tears from Nancy & Nixon in Ontario

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Miss Susan of Canada,

Though I am relatively new to GT and my boys are pretty new to the Club, I have watched this story unfold and have been so moved by you, Jilly, and the efforts of all of your friends who cared enough to bring you this joy to help you through such a horrible sadness.

Robin

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh MAN. I thought I was done crying about this little piece of life, but no.

I must say, I have never had as much fun, plotting and planning with Deb and others to get this gorgeous girl to Susan!

I think Deb and I both deserve Academy Awards! And I know Susan will never QUITE believe anything I say again!

And thanks to all the HUGE hearted people who helped make this happen!

I think Jessie has found the perfect home, as has Jonah and Joshy!

Ditto what Mis soOZin has said (especially the first part :) )

Jessie's racing name is Ricorunawaybride.

Jessie

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Welcome home Jessie,

I cried as I read the story, and I already knew it!

Jilly will always be in all of our hearts, and I believe to the bottom of mine, that she directed me to bring Jessie to you. Susan, Jessie needed you as much as you and the boys needed her.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Congratulations...that pic brought tears to my eyes...what a lovely story and what greyt friends you have!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I recall Deb saying she was going to do a home visit the day before :lol :lol

Tony

:lol :lol :lol

Welcome home, beautiful Jessie - we couldn't be more happy for you, your mum Susan, Joshy and Jonah! :beatheart:heart:yay:wub:smileyhug.gif

It's hard not to tear up :weep in a GREAT way, of course :beatheart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyt2love

Welcome home, Jessie! You couldn't have found a better home and that long wait will be well worth it now that you've ended up with Miss Susan, Joshie, and Jonah!

P.S. - You're beautifil!