Kiowa Braden

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

braden1.jpg

on Sunday, July 18th, GALT received Braden, who was found abandoned a few miles from the same home where the 28 dogs were seized the previous week. Although Braden was picked up by FWAC on Wednesday, he was not released to GALT until Sunday because of Ft. Worth Code of Law. While Ella, and the initial group of 8 dogs GALT received, are all making slight progress regarding their health conditions, Braden was not as fortunate.

888.jpg

Braden was taken on Sunday directly from FWAC to the Emergency Animal Hospital of Collin County. He was in very fragile condition with elevated liver and kidney values, as well as massively infested with ticks. During the next 36 hours Braden received blood plasma as well as one unit of whole blood, along with fluids infused with broad spectrum antibiotics. Tuesday he was evaluated by Dr. Doug Bronstad of the Animal Diagnostic Clinic in Plano. He was in kidney failure exacerbated by his dire medical condition due to acute malnourishment and exposure plus epic external and internal parasite infestation. Braden was released from his pain and suffering last evening with loving friends surrounding him, the only family he ever knew. GALT stands committed to assist with changes that must be made in the Ft. Worth Code of Law regarding the 72 hour release policy - and this will be done in memory of Braden---his death will not be in vain.

braden2.jpg

The outpouring of care, concern and love expressed by so many across the US is a testament to the solidarity and generosity of the greyhound community. GALT wants to thank every volunteer, foster, donor, fundraiser and supporting adoption group for coming to the aid of all the FWAC hounds. Words can not express our gratitude for what you are doing for these special greyhounds.

Run Free Beautiful Boy ghrun.gif

Light a candle for Braden.....

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godspeed sweet boy - godspeed & be at peace.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1:weep:sad1

Have to get out of this thread NOW, before I lose it... just wanted to pay my respects.

Thank you Holly and GALT for the magnificent, compassionate work you're doing. Thank you thank you thank you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry. I had so hoped he would make it. Godspeed, Braden.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Oh, my. I am so sorry that Braden didn't make it. :weep

Beautiful boy, now a beautiful angel.

Run pain free at the Bridge, sweet boy.

:f_red:brokenheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest mdituro

Braden: You were loved by many who never even had the pleasure of meeting you "in person". We hoped & prayed for your recovery but it was just too late. Godspeed, sweet Braden, run pain free forever! Your passing will not be in vain.

Mary Ann

That is so sad. I am sorry you didn't get a chance at a couch you so deserved.

Run free Braden, run free... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest barkdogs

Oh how horribly tragic. Rest in peace, dear sweet boy. I am sorry that so many of our species are so cruel and brutal and stupid.

Guest jettcricket

RIP sweet pea.....we all loved you and wanted so badly for you to have survived. sad.gif

God had other plans and needed another grey angel to lay by his feet. flowers_red.gif

Guest multigrey

There are no words, beautiful boy......I know you felt the love being sent to you by so many across the country.

Godspeed, Braden.....run fast and proud. You will not be forgotten,.

f_yellowf_yellow

my heart is breaking for the loss of such a young, sweet pup as Braden, who never got to really know how kind humans can be, only how cruel. I'm glad he at least got a couple days of loving care.

:weep:cry1:weep:cry1:sad1 :sad1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

For just a brief period of time, baby, you knew what love really is. I am so sorry that it could not have been longer. weep.gif

Godspeed dear Braden ghrun.gif You will be remembered.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Heart is breaking.

Thanks to all that helped make this baby's last hours better than his first years.

RIP sweet boy. Run pain and heart break free.

VPCTshirtLogo3-1-1.jpg

petblink7.gifpetblink63.gif

"Speak your mind - even if your voice shakes" - Maggie Kuhn

"It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not" - Unknown

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "Oh Crap. She's up." - Unknown