"dynamic Cobbler", My Sweet Rex 1/1998 - 6/1/2010

Guest RiverCityGang

Guest greyt2love

Thank you all for your support. It means so much to knoow others understand. Rex is home with us now, and I wanted you all to see the lovely tribute video MarcR (Chamberlain to the Joisey Girls of Blackwood) made. I hope this copy/ paste works ! <BR>Last week, Dad made a tribute video for Rex. Miss Deb asked me to post a link (She has had problems posting YouTube links). So here is Rex's tribute. <BR><BR><BR>I know I made the right decision, but I am still heartbroken. My sweet Rex, my Rexman, went to the Bridge this afternoon. He was just shy of 12 1/2, and I had so hoped to celebrate his 13th birthday with him, but his big heart was just too tired to keep going, and his body was giving out on him. I could not see him lose his dignity to keep him here for my sake, so when he was so weak and confused this morning, after a difficult night, I knew the time had come. The day will come when I celebrate his life and his time here with me, but not today. Today, I mourn and I miss my big, sweet, gentle man. Find your brother, Caesar, and all your friends at the Bridge, sweetheart, go run and play, do your silly little prancing dance, and I'll see you again one day. Love always - Momma [DSCF0540.jpg [DSCF0385.jpg

Edited by greyt2love

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Deb my heart is broken with yours, my tears flow with you and I am sending you :bighug

Run with the angels sweet handsome Rex, you are with the very very best ~

Guest UESBrindle

I am so sorry Deb. :bighug I'm crying with you and we're so sorry that he had to go, but he was so very well loved.

Run Free Rex :gh_run

Edited by UESBrindle

Deb, my heart is heavy with sadness for you. Your sweet boy is free of his earthly body. But those left behind will

mourn him until you meet in the next world. Know that we are here, we love you, and we share your grief.

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

sue grouphug.gif

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest 4rooers

I'm so sorry for your loss of Rex, take comfort in the fact that you gave him freedom from pain, even though your heart is breaking. Forever wouldn't be long enough to spend with these beautiful creatures.

:grouphug Deb. You did the right thing but still it hurts, I know. You're in my thoughts and prayers, sweetie.

Rex, sweet handsome boy, enjoy the green grass tickling your feet and the marrow bones behind every bush across the Bridge. My hedgies will let you play with them, because no one ever gets hurt over there.

Miss Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I am so sorry Deb. I hope that the special memories you have of Rex will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

:f_white:gh_run

Run Free Sweet Rex

Edited by cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Deb :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug We will miss our dear friend.

Rest that beautiful tired heart, now, Rex. We will not forget you. :brokenheart:heart

:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

ghrun.gifghrun.gifghrun.gif

Run free and far sweet Rex! We'll miss you and your sweet face.

grouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gifgrouphug.gif

To Deb and her family

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly