Wilbur Back To The Vet

Guest Adrianne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug

Wilbur is one lucky hound to have you. Do what you think is right for Wilbur. To hell with everyone else.

Couldn't have said it any better. Hugs to you and prayers for Wilbur.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Adrianne

A wonderful update: Wilbur had a great night, restful and peaceful. He woke up this morning with a giant appetite, which made my day. When he went outside for his business break, it wasn't just in and out like it has been. He took some time to nose around, which he hasn't done in quite some time. He's followed me around, looking for lots of love from me. He seems very alert, and there's no sign of pain or discomfort.

His two open spots are still draining, though more slowly. I just found a new soft spot that I expect will be open by tomorrow. The "mound" on his hip seems smaller today, but he has developed some edema in his leg all the way down to his foot. It's squishy, like it was after his surgery.

We're staying the course and celebrating each and every good thing. Today is a very good day, and I am so happy.

So glad to read this most recent update, and will be keeping you both in my thoughts. I hope today is wonderful for you and Wilbur, and that there are many more good days as well.

Guest GryffinSong

I'm so very, very sorry that Wilbur probably has cancer. It's getting to the point where everytime a greyhound limps or breaks my mind leaps to cancer.

Hugs to you and Wilbur, and my thoughts will be with you as we walk down this awful road. Gryffin sends roos of well wishes to Wilbur. :wub:

glad to hear yesterday was a good day!!! Sending more hugs and prayers Wilbur and your way! :hope :hope :hope:grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Adrianne

Today has been a good day. Wilbur's appetite is back to normal, and he even got sneaky this afternoon and ate the cat food out of Riley's bowl. It's the first time he's done that in six weeks, so I know he feels better.

The wounds on his leg have just about quit draining, which I thought would be a good thing, but now I'm not so sure. He had a good deal of edema in his leg. I've started massaging the leg, and I think I'm going to try warm compresses on the open spots to get those draining again and relieve some of the pressure. Did I just type that? blink.gifcrazy.gif I can't believe, after all this, I actually want those spots to drain. Oh well, whatever is good for Wilbur.

Thank you everyone, for checking on him.