Wilbur Back To The Vet

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Wilbur had a bad night last night and has gotten progressively worse today. His broken leg is swollen from the knee up, and he is in a lot of pain and can't get comfortable. It's the front and inside of his leg that's swollen, and he won't let me even touch it. It's not a squishy type swollen, if that makes sense.

My vet's office closes at 12 on Thursdays, but Dr. Sigman (bless his heart) is meeting me there at 5. My husband is gone to an orthodontist appointment with my son and won't be home in time, so my friend is going to help me get him there.

I'm scared.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Adrianne, I'm so sorry you and Wilbur are going through this. Praying very hard that this will be a quick fix and that Wilbur will be feeling much better soon. I will be keeping you both close in my thoughts. Please update when you know more. Hugs to you and Wilbur!

Oh god no. I'm so sorry. :(

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh no! Oh I'm so very sorry. This was not the news I was expecting. My heart goes out to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I was afraid of this right from the start--he just didn't seem to be recovering normally. Would you consider amputation?? If is chest is clean of mets it sure would be an option--It' a personal choice and I know what ever you choose it will be because you want to do the best thing for your boy. I'm sure others that have been through this before will chime in and will be able to help you though this. Sorry.

Sending hugs. Just hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.