Wilbur Back To The Vet

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Just wanted to check in and see how Wilbur is doing this morning. I hope he had a good night.

Thank you for asking.

I can hardly believe the difference in him. I have seen more healing since Friday than I had in weeks prior. I credit all the good thoughts coming his way and the Clavamox. I believe there was some infection deep in his leg that my vet wasn't seeing.

Today, the edema in his leg has gone down considerably. He still has two spots on his leg, but they aren't actively draining. When I massage his leg and push the fluid toward his hip, they drain. The fifth spot that I was sure was going to open has stayed closed. When it swells with fluid, I gently mash it down and the fluid immediately drains out the other two spots on his leg. It doesn't feel as soft now and is not purple anymore. The big open spot from a week and a half ago is completely healed.

The best part is his attitude and his demeanor. He feels better, he's up nosing around and getting into stuff. Three times now he's managed to get to the cat food, even though I move it and hide it from him. He was up a whole lot last night, but he wasn't in pain or distress. He took lots of bathroom breaks, so I wonder if he's peeing out all that fluid that's collected on his leg. Before he broke his leg, he was always somewhat of a night owl. He would always go out into the backyard and prowl around in the middle of the night.

I don't know what we're going to find next Monday, but today things look great!

Edited by Adrianne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy to hear he's feeling better and that the leg is getting better. Isn't it amazing how much doggy "nursing" we learn when we have a sick pup!

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Guest Adrianne

I am happy to finally be able to report that Wilbur's wounds have quit draining and scabbed over. The new spot never opened and is no longer swelling. The edema in his leg is almost completely gone. offwall.gifyay.gifconfetti.gif

I am happy to finally be able to report that Wilbur's wounds have quit draining and scabbed over. The new spot never opened and is no longer swelling. The edema in his leg is almost completely gone. offwall.gifyay.gifconfetti.gif

That is the best news of the new year.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest vahoundlover

I am trying to catch up. I'm sorry to see your vet thinks he may have cancer after all this. sad.gif Sounds like your fella is doing much better the last couple of days so I'm keeping fingers crossed the future brings nothing but good things for Wilburgoodluck.gif

I am like you. I would not want to push it. I like to think positively and finding out, especially when your brain thinks it is bad, your heart can think it's not. I am so glad that is more like himself. I am praying that it was just a lot of infection. NO OS!!!!! Know that my prayers will be with you today and through the 1st!

Sending warm healing thoughts for continued good news and a speedy recovery.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest greygirls2

I'm so glad Wilbur is feeling better. We'll be keeping all paws and fingers crossed here that next Monday's prognosis is a good one. Hugs to you both.

Just checking in to see how Wilbur's night was and how he's feeling today. Glad to hear his sores have scabbed over and the swelling is going down.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge