Wilbur Back To The Vet

Guest Adrianne

Guest Energy11

OMG ... not Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD, what a horrible day! God love Wilbur! God, love you!

Sending AS MANY PRAYERS AS I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dee, My Baby Boy, Cufew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wholovesskunks

I am so sorry, Adrienne. I am in your shoes right now. Lenny was diagnosed with osteo 11 days ago. He just turned 10 and we have elected pain management only. We are spoiling him rotten and giving him lots of love but that will be the extent of it. This disease is so scary and comes on so fast. My prayers will be with you and yours. If you ever need to talk- feel free to email me and I'll give you me phone #. Krista

I'm so sorry.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

This is just too much already. I mean how many of us have heard this news in the past few weeks??!!

I'm sorry. I'm crying here, unable to accept that another one of our beloved hounds had this evil disease. It's just not fair.

Bless you and sweet Wilbur. I can't tell you how sorry I am that this is happening.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

no words...

Prayers for strength, wisdom, peace and comfort for you and lots of loving for Wilbur.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Adrienne- I have read and followed Wilbur's diagnosis, prognosis and everything in between since November. I have prayed for this boy and for you-as I know how much of a struggle this has been.

I kinda had a feeling but of course prayed it was not the case especially after all he has been through. Because I have been through this, I do tend to go "there" quicker than I used to. I did not want to be right.

I am so sorry. I hope you and Wilbur have many good times ahead and most importantly, I hope he can remain comfortable.

I know that is your biggest concern. :(

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My heart is breaking for you. :( Sending lots of prayers and light, for the highest good of all concerned. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am really sorry this is happening to Wilbur and to you. He's been thru so much; it isn't fair. Sending gentle hugs and prayers, and hope that he has some quality time left to spend with you.

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone. It hasn't sunk in yet, and I don't think it will until I get the "official" word. Until then, I'm hoping and praying that he will be okay.

He was very snuggly last night and would whimper if I got up and left his side. He had a very quiet night; in fact, he was down for fourteen hours straight, and I was starting to worry about him this morning.

The vet visit yesterday was a horrible ordeal on him, and I keep playing it over in my mind. My husband and I have lifting Wilbur in & out of the truck down to a science, and it's a very smooth process. I lift his front end and slide into the back seat of the truck while my husband lifts the back end. This ensures Wilburs body is resting on my legs and I can keep him standing on the floorboard and away from the seat. Yesterday, my friend was very uncomfortable and nervous lifting Wilbur, and we ended up with a mess. Her car is small, the doors don't open as wide as my husband's truck, and there isn't a lot of room between back seat and front seat. She lifted his front end because she was too scared to lift his back end, and when he went in the car, he immediately climbed in the seat. We had a sheet covering the vinyl seats, and it was slippery and he couldn't turn around and we couldn't help him. He practically fell into a lying down position, which was the worst thing possible. When we got to the vet, he wouldn't budge. His legs were under him, and I knew he wouldn't be able to get traction. My friend wouldn't help because she was too nervous, so she went inside to get help. However, there was only one office person there, and Dr. Sigman hadn't yet arrived. I pulled the sheet toward the door hoping I could get his front legs on the ground and pull himself out of the car. Dr. Sigman pulled up and took over my job. I went around to the other side to guide his back end. Before I could do anything, Wilbur's back end slid off the seat and he fell into the floorboard. There he was, front end out of the car with his legs in the air and back end wedged in the floor board of the car with his legs in the air. The sheet was still in the seat so there was no way to use that to lift him. My poor sweet baby boy had to be drug out of the car; it was horrible!!!! and I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it.

Dr. Sigman put pressure around the two draining spots on Wilbur's leg, and it was like two garden hoses spraying water. There doesn't appear to be any infection, but we're doing another round of Clavamox just in case. Dr. Sigman was concerned about the swelling in the knee and inner leg, but he was more concerned about a mound (for lack of a better word) that has come up on Wilbur's hip. What he drew out of that is a clear serum, no blood at all. This was the point of the visit where Dr. Sigman started talking about cancer, and I don't remember much after that. We'll have xrays done on Feb 1. He's pretty adament that he wants the rod to stay in until then.

I'm kicking myself for not being a more educated greyhound owner. For eight years, we have had the healthiest dog, and I just went through life with him happy and unaware. Would you believe I didn't even know greyhounds were susceptible to OS? If I knew then what I know now, that leg would have never been set. It would have come off immediately. I feel like I failed him.