Ibd - Happy Starving!

Xan

Ah Xan I'm so sorry this all happening. Hugs to you all.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( I don't know how you're holding up, Xan, but you are one impressive mom.

:angryfire Feeling a strong urge to bash your vet, sick or not, and all his bruising minions!

Sending you and Happy our very best hopes, wishes, and healing dreams. :hope:candle:nappy

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

:candle:hope:cry1:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

I wish there was something I could do to help you! All I can do is send you love, hugs and prayers! I hope, just hope, you and your girl have a peaceful weekend. Love, Dee and The Five

:(

They could've put a pad on the table for her. Jeeze.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Kristin, I've been offering her potatoes and sweet potatoes all along, and I did offer her cottage cheese a few times, to absolutely no interest. Once her morning drip is done,and everyone is fed, and I squeeze some more goop food into her, I'm going to see if I can find some type of food, some animal, we haven't fed her yet. Chef Boy R Dee, even! I don't care anymore, just so she eats.

I gave her the first dose of Naltrexone last night. She slept fine, but I think that was almost the worst thing I've done to her, so far. Apparently, that stuff is icky! I'll have to get it further down her throat tonight so she really can't taste it. (The worst thing I've done so far was to give her Bs sub-q over the shoulder blade. Apparently, that is a highly sensitive area! WTTW)

Today is the third day in a row that she's just not eating (so far).

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Chef Boy R Dee, even!

Batman really liked spaghettios.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad to hear from you this morning and that Happy slept well, at least! Hoping some kind of food appeals to her today. :food

More hugs. There can never be too many hugs!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Chef Boy R Dee, even!

Batman really liked spaghettios.

Hugs.

Ohhhh ... so did Vinnie! And braunswager or liverwurst - smelly but not disgusting to 2 leggers and not messy - plus if you need to give meds - will mold around pills and hide their smell - Gracie and Gus both love this.

Hoping that Happy has a better day. I am so sorry she is all bruised up, hope the gel helped her. Sending more good thoughts, hugs and scritches. xo

How about baby food? The various meat versions went over well with my 21.5 year old cat when she was down to the very end. If she won't take it room temperature, try gently warming it just a little bit in the microwave?

::hugs::

:hope:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Went to the local dog supply store with the knowledgeable ladies, and they filled a bag with samples of this and that, a couple dented cans, and a couple hugs and tears. Such nice ladies! I also went to the store to get some eggs. I went down the soup aisle, and thought, hey, what about condensed soups? I picked a can of split pea with ham and bacon. No doubt full of awful things. :P

Came home, and tried my goods, one by one. AdultCal (a gooey calorie supplement) was a mildly accepted winner, and I got maybe 1 1/2 T down her. This was after trying canned 100% rabbit, mackerel, Embark (dehydrated raw, reconstituted), and scrambled egg. At that point, I went to the pantry, and saw some long-ignored dog treats. What the heck, right? BeefyTips (a gift from her farm owner) were a hit, and I fed her what was left in the bag. Turkey and Rice biscuits from Trader Joe's I really doubted would be acceptable. Wrong! She ate the rest of that package, too! I had to bring a bed into the kitchen to keep the other dogs out of her face, where she lay and crunched away at one after another. *sigh* My dog is a junk-food junky. All of these foods were on my Do Not Feed list (grains, soy products, beef, chemicals ...), but if she'll eat it, I'll give it to her! And, they all stayed down! She even followed with a little drink of water.

Now, we're not talking a lot of food, but it's something. I'm hoping the AdultCal got some serious enough calories in her, anyway. And that she won't have a bad gut reaction to all that junk!

Since she seemed to like the crunchy biscuits, and she seemed to prefer crunchy over goopy generally over the last few weeks (except for the pulled pork, which is now on the NoTHANKYOU list), I decided to try (re)dehydrate the Embark, which I mixed with the scrambled egg and a good blob of the AdultCal. I have no idea how that's going to work! :lol

Tiny upswing for the weekend.

I looked at something like liverwurst yesterday in the store, but turned myself off by reading the ingredients. I need to stop doing that, at this point! :P Same with baby food awhile back. I forgot the Spaghettios when I was in there today! Did I already say my brain is mush? :rolleyes:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad she ate some today!!! I'm praying for her to regain her appetite and have a settled GI system. ((((HUGS)))) to both of you!!!

Good for you girls!!! Maybe crunchy is the key... I'm glad she's not totally pigging out just yet. Too much too soon doesn't usually work well in these haven't-eaten-for-days situation, as far as I've heard.

We are seriously happy at this news, Xan! Thanks so much for sharing it. Still not going to back off the wishes, hopes and good dreams, though!

Sounds like she wants carbs more than proteins. Interesting. Don't forget pizza crusts and maybe even a little pizza itself would be attractive. And the Spaghettio-s. :rolleyes:

:lol Marcia, I'm so tired of cooking, mixing, stirring, syringing, turkey bastering, pill stuffing, measuring ... We were going to have pizza tonight, but I can't even be bothered to put toppings on a pre-made dough. *mighty jaw-cracking yawn* I'm sitting here eating pretzels. We're about on the same page tonight, Happy and I. :lol

She ate more dog biscuits, but NOT the ones I made out of healthy ingredients. Her favorites were whole wheat molasses cookies from TJ's. Basically, flour, molasses, oil, and mixed tocopherols. No animal products whatever.

I stopped breaking them up before she was done eating, this time. I'll give her another batch later, of whatever she'll eat. Don't want to over-do, as Mary says.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg