Ibd - Happy Starving!

Xan

Guest caiteag

Xan, my heart is hurting for you today... but please know that all my love and thoughts are with you and Happy. Quinn and so many other wonderful bridge babies will be there to greet her and make her welcome... *HUGS*

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the rant, Xan. It made me feel strangely better. You should be mad. You're right, he should have cared more about Happy, kept track of the treatment options, and followed up on your requests. You shouldn't have had to nag him.

Rest assured, you are not alone in learning the hard way -- which seems to be my preferred method of learning anything -- that sometimes we have to be insistent. And I have a whole set of I-didn't-stand-up-to-the-vet/doctor-fast-enough stories too. So I totally understand how you feel about all that. But "we're all bozos on this bus" (Ken Kesey?), so remember that and be gentle with yourself.

So glad you had that lovely chin-scritching session!

Our thoughts are with you and Happy.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Xan ranting will help - as you I have ranted quite a bit with my problems and the loss of not only my pups my dh and my children

Love, Hugs and I hope a broad shoulder for you to lean on.

Beryl

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Thinking of you as I was driving home this morning and remembering when Misty was sick and had stopped eating. You gave us a gift Xan, you told me about the Nutritional Yeast which helped Misty to start eating again.

I am just sorry I couldn't return that gift

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

My heart is breaking for you.

Sending hugs and white light.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

No words.

:grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I feel very much held in your thoughts and caring. Thank you so much.

I'm going to put this last awfulness down here, then stop, and do a Happier celebration for her Remembrance. Don't read if you're out of tissues. This is purely for my own ... catharsis, really.

This morning was awful. She had wet herself in the night - a first, and was very depressed. Everyone went out for first turn-out, and brought her back in right away, so I could have a moment's peace to give her the last shot of Reglan. She could not settle. From then 'til the vet came into the exam room with her final injections, she did not settle, despite a shot of torb. She was panting, nose dripping, anxious, pacing, standing and shaking, leaning on us but not there. I took her out, and she had some bloody-looking D, full of mucous, and strained twice more to squeeze out just drops. :( Took her back in, still no settle. Meanwhile, I'm trying to call housecall vets. No luck. We finally decide to take her in to the regular vet in town. H puts her in the car, where she did finally lie down, but once we were in the exam room, where she usually lies right down on her blanket, she continued to pace, pant, drip and occasionally cry. Finally, the vet came in, just as she'd collapsed on the blanket, and began his routine. The first bit of sedative did nothing for her, that I could tell. Then he started the big one. And she cried out! That's not supposed to happen. :( He was surprised, too, and stopped to wait for it to take hold before continuing. Her head was resting in my hand, and H and I were stroking her, and whispering to her, and finally the vet slowly continued the injection. I could tell H was really upset when she cried out (as was I). Finally, it was all over. Her bowels had emptied a bit. We wrapped her up, and H picked her limp body up and carried it out to the car. We worked together to dig a safe, dog-bed sized hole between two young cypress trees beyond our garden, talking and crying as we worked. Together, we carried her as if in a hammock between us, trying not to be overwhelmed by her lolling head, bluish tongue, one open eye, one closed. I took off her collar, and we lowered her into the hole, and H lovingly curled her head and limbs around into a naturally curled position, while I sobbed to watch his gentleness. I couldn't bear to watch the dirt fall on her face, but I wanted her to be as part of the earth as she came into it. I compromised by putting a cotton cloth over her sweet face. It's so horrible to watch the clods of earth rebound on the body of your beloved friend! We worked as quickly as we possibly could through that part. And it was done.

H and I will work together to make her a memorial stone.

It's over.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest eaglflyt

The hugest hugs ever to you, your husband, and your sweet girl. Enjoy your wonderful friends and family at the bridge, Happy girl. :cry1:grouphug

I know how hard it is to watch the dirt fall on them

It was raining when I burried Sili and I hated the thought of all the mud getting on her.

I almost dug her back up but knew if I did that, I would never be able to bury her

Oh and the dogs keep peeing on her but now I just have to smile

I also planted tulips so in the Spring I can smile some more

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest KennelMom

:weep

this is a really hard week for me. we said goodbye to grandpa a year ago tomorrow and I have looked at his kids Rocky and Echo many times this week and cried.

I'm so sorry :grouphug Your girl is at peace now and running healthy at the Bridge.

Guest caiteag

I don't begin to have the right words.. but you and your hubby are in my heart and thoughts...

Run free, beautiful Happy... you were loved and prayed for by so many people around the world.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest Energy11

I am without words, and that is very rare for me!

Just know, that, I feel for you, and feeling what you have been through.

You did do the right thing, and will have her there in your yard, with your memorial for her.

Sending you and DH lots of love, and many many hugs! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Late DH Bob, Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Oh Xan, I'm so, so sorry. What a traumatic day for all of you. My wish is that you will all find some peace and solace now. Continuing to send you gentle hugs today. :grouphug

I just don't know what say to help your poor battered and bruised hearts. I know she is free and at peace now. It will take longer for you and your very DH. I'm so very sorry this all happened. :f_pink

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest mcsheltie

I am so sorry. I started to cry hard when I read your post, but then I felt something touch my heart. I have a picture in my mind of Happy standing at the edge of the Bridge with a huge smile on her face, surrounded by all of our loved ones who have gone on ahead of us. She isn't gone, she is just waiting until you are reunited. And until then, she will be with you in your heart and she'll be watching over you with love. This day was horrid, but wasn't good bye.

Edited by mcsheltie