You Had Me At Halo

Guest Heehoo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Hilda, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am.

All I can say is that your first paragraph, and that third pic of Halo--the one with the big smile--say it all: you and he belonged together, and he was a happy happy boy with you.

I just wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Halo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so terribly sorry. I don't know you personally, but I can tell how special you must be to have taken this boy into

your home and heart. He was loved and that is what he knew at the very end. So many precious angels taken way

before their time. RIP Halo.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Vinnie

Oh my, we are so sorry that Halo had to leave you so soon. What a sweet face and what a wonderful home he had with you. Hugs to you Hilda, scritches for your crew as I am sure they are missing him too. Run pain and seizure free Sweet and Handsome Halo.

Guest HoustonGreys

:brokenheart I followed Halo's story with excitement because I knew he was coming to your house and that he would experience joy and love with you and your houndies. I celebrated his 41 days seizure free and seeing his personality blossom. Now all too soon I mourn his passing but at the same time know he is having a blast while he waits for you, Hilda. Totally free from illness and medication! Run free sweet Halo! :gh_run

:grouphug

My deepest condolences to you, Hilda. I'm sure he stole a big chunk of your heart. :brokenheart Godspeed, precious Halo... go run like the wind with all your new Angel pals, and send your momma a sign. :heart

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry ... life is so unfair sometimes ... RIP Halo.

:f_red:grouphug:gh_run2:grouphug:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

He got to be his true, twinkly self for those 2 months. Bless you for letting him blossom, Hilda. I'm sorry he didn't get to do it for longer.

Godspeed, special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:grouphug I'm so sorry to hear this...how heartbreaking...I'm so glad he got the love he deserved and returned it, if only for a short while...another one gone way too soon

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest goofydog

So very sorry to read this. Halo was a special boy to all of us here on GT. Thank you Hilda for making his final time here on earth a joyous time. Godspeed Halo.

I am so sorry Hilda.

Run Free Halo.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry for your loss & the short amount of earthly time you had together. Godspeed Halo! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even though your time together was short, I'm sure that Halo knew how much he was loved by you and your family. Godspeed to the Bridge, Halo.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest Tenderhearts

My heart broke when I saw this thread. I am so sorry, Hilda! :grouphug

Halo, run free, happy and healthy. Please say hello to Lori Ann, the fruitbat, and Pikachu, okay? :angel

Guest TheUnrulyHound

IMG_8256-1.jpg

I absolutely love this picture of Halo that Judy (jillysfullhouse) posted in the BDR..... Halo was a beautiful and charming special boy and he will be missed. I am so glad that you had this short time with him Hilda, you made his life light up again and I loved to hear the stories of him coming out of his shell to a world of love and caring. He knows how much you love him, this I am sure of and I bet he is looking down upon you now with adoration for all that you did for him and the love that you offered in his time of hurt and need...

Godspeed Halo we love you :beatheart:candle:hope