Urgent Help For Amber's Soul Please!

Amber, I'm glad to hear Soul is resting more comfortably. I hope they get to the bottom of what's bothering him. Any thoughts on whether the gas in his intestines is the cause (rather than the result)?

Just know that we'll keep you both in our thoughts. Get well riteawayquik, SoulMan.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Just seeing this now! Eating a rug? Well, it must have been a better alternative to grass!!!??? Poor Soul! Poor Amber! I sure hope they both have a restful night and awaken feeling somewhat refreshed! Sending prayers and healing light.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Sending prayers, hugs and anything else you need.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greyt2love
I admit, I :eek when I saw the update, "resting peacefully." At any rate, I am glad he is comfortable right now and I hope he continues to mend. :candle

So Iwas not the only one who went :eek :eek and oh NO!

Glad things are settling down Amber.

You try to rest up, too (ya easier said than done).

:kiss2 for da SoulMan

I had the same reaction till I read it the second time !!!

Both of you rest now, Amber !!

"resting peacefully." ???? For a moment my heart stopped :eek

Sleep well tonight, Amber and Soul, you will both be in my thoughts.

:grouphug,

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Jennifer

:( I'm sorry. I was trying to reassure people that he was home from the vet and resting - didn't think of it that way. :(

I had to type fast because I was trying to keep folks updated but I am not supposed to be online at work. :blush

I've amended the title.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Did he actuallly ingest any of the rug? Has he ingested odd things in the past?

Reason I ask is of course Joseph's infamous blockage, 8 months after he ate (and pooped out most of) the vinyl toy. You could see some sorta shadowy "maybe something" on the x-ray of his stomach if you were looking for it. Could not see anything in his intestines on x-ray but there were pieces in there, too.

Not trying to scare you silly. Just, if there is any possibility he's eaten oddball things in the past and not expelled them fully and completely, you might want to talk through the possibilities with your vet.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Amber, I'm so glad it isn't bloat. I hope you both have a quiet restful night, and tomorrow Soulman will feel much better! It's a scary thing when it's a sudden emergency. It's almost a surreal feeling.

Sending more good thoughts, prayers and white lights

:getwell:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle:candle

I caught up on yesterday's events this morning - poor Soul, and poor you (what a scare). How is Soul feeling this morning? I hope he had a comfortable night and that you got some rest as well. Here's hoping you both have a nice quiet day with no upsets and discomfort.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest SoulsMom

Hi Everyone, thank you all so much for the good thoughts and wishes. We both slept very soundly last night. He's still not himself this morning, but not upset and panting/pacing like he was yesterday. He's also still doing the 'catching his breath' type gulp that he was doing yesterday :( I was hoping that would resolve itself by this morning . . . .

Batmom, no he doesn't eat anything weird, not even stuffing from his toys. That's why the rug thing was so odd, and he didn't ingest any of it. And I'm always watching him when he's outside . . . .I'm going to take his temp this morning before work . . .

Glad to hear you both slept soundly last night - you needed it - but I'm sorry to hear that the gulping has not ceased :(

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this thing resolves itself and that you find out what is causing it...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

He's still not himself this morning, but not upset and panting/pacing like he was yesterday. He's also still doing the 'catching his breath' type gulp that he was doing yesterday

Poor Soulman :( sorry he's not comfortable.......The gulp thing could be due to his tummy being upset......sometimes my boy does this and goes to find grass to make himself sick.

I can only say what I do but it might not work for you. I generally massage his tummy in gentle circular clockwise motions while he is lying /roaching by me when ever this happens this seems to dispel any gas building up and I give him a spoonful of Kaogel (you'd have to ask your own vet if Soul could have this) generally he settles in half an hour or so.....after some smelly SBD's :lol

Give him a hug from us.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest vahoundlover

I'm just seeing this! How scary!! I'm glad you guys had a good night, sorry to hear he's still doing gulping. :( Sending prayers to your sweet handsome fella.

Guest SoulsMom

Jennifer

:( I'm sorry. I was trying to reassure people that he was home from the vet and resting - didn't think of it that way. :(

I had to type fast because I was trying to keep folks updated but I am not supposed to be online at work. :blush

I've amended the title.

Awww, Kerry don't feel bad. I'm so thankful for you being there for us yesterday :grouphug

Guest greytbookert

I'm glad that you were both able to get some rest. I wish I knew what the gulping was all about, that has me completely stumped. I only know of gulping as a sign of nausea or pain. Keep us updated, as time allows.

Awwwww, don't worry about it, sweetie :blush I was just joshing you. Amber and SoulMan, please feel better today :grouphug

Jennifer

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Guest greyt2love

Amber and Soul, glad to hear you got some much needed rest last night ! Now, Soul, feel better and let Miz Muir have a good day today !!!