Urgent Help For Amber's Soul Please!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Bloat... one of my greatest fears, too! Especially being up here on the mountain alone all week. I'd have to have a vet make a house call. ... they do around here! I have been giving mine Pepcid AC with their morning meal, just to take care of any gas. Hope Soul gets through this okay!

Thanks Kerry for the update - Soul just has to get better!!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest EmbersDad

oh man, im just seeing this after checking facebook. i hope its nothing, amber has had enough drama the past few days. im gonna ask ember to watch over soul and make sure everything is ok.

oh man, im just seeing this after checking facebook. i hope its nothing, amber has had enough drama the past few days. im gonna ask ember to watch over soul and make sure everything is ok.

Yup, we'll ask all our angels to help Soul and he will be okay, he just will

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Update:

Amber just called. She is on her way home. Soul DOES NOT HAVE BLOAT!! :yay :yay :yay

The vet found some spots on his lungs and was concerned about pneumonia - he said it could be just allergies, and without knowing for sure he didn't want to start him on any additional medication. His small intestines were VERY full of gas... the vet thinks that Soul's copious panting might have caused him to inhale a lot of air and that this might be in part responsible for all the gas - but Aaccording to Amber he pants a lot at the weekends when they spend time together and he plays - and he's never had this before.

Anyway - the vet gave him an anti-nausea shot, sent Amber home with some more Flagyl, and told her to watch him tonight.

So, fingers crossed that Soul has a restful night. Not sure Amber will, poor thing, but mums will be mums :blush

:goodluck:candle:goodluck :goodluck :candle

And :grouphug and :kiss2 for you, Amber

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest UESBrindle

Thanks for keeping us updated-- sending constant prayers... Come on Soul!

--

That's great news about not being bloat!

Edited by UESBrindle

This is the second case of suspected bloat I've heard about. The previous one was Cody. (Che Mar Cody) He's fine but it was caught early. I'm going to be vigilant now.

I just hope Soul is okay.

DarbyampChad_zpsvpn9kam5.jpg

"Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant."
-Cathy, DW to Al, Mom to Darby & Chad. Nana to Gabe, Dominic, & Christopher Welter
Remembering Social (2001-2014) and Gus (2007-2015)

Guest larock

some neurological conditions will cause this (eating weird stuff). It can also cause mental dullness, walking in circles, exessive panting and they eyes will look half open (like the inner lid is closing), stumbling and eventually loss of all motor function.

Sorry - the above was rather harsh and i don't want to scare anyone. I've had some experince with the above with one of our greys and the matter was remedied with Prednisone. I have no clue what is bothering Soul and only hope he's on the mend soon...

Edited by larock

Guest GriffinsMom

Poor Soul and Amber. I hope everyone feels better soon. I understand the panic and stress when your beloved pup becoming severely ill so unexpectedly. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Still keeping those prayers coming for Soul and Amber.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Thank goodness. Thanks for the update Kerry.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest myIrishlass

Poor Soul boy... not knowing exactly what it is can get rather frustrating. Hang in there Amber! Soul is a fighter!