Urgent Help For Amber's Soul Please!

I got a call from Amber who is on the way to the e-vet. Soul is sick again. He has been pacing and panting a lot, threw up, went outside and ate grass, then he tried to eat a rug. I know this sounds pretty vague, but does anyone have any ideas?

As many of you know, Soul has IBD and has had several episodes in recent months.

Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated...

I'm going to be in touch with Amber during the afternoon, so as I get feedback from her I will update...

Please everyone, send good thoughts for the SoulMan :( :( :candle:goodluck

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to have no ideas what-so-ever. All I can offer are my prayers for Soulman to catch the break he so very much deserves.They both do!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest momofevie

Geeze Louise! Poor little guy. :(

Unfortunately, I can't be of any help, but I will certainly say a prayer for Amber and Soul. :candle

Gosh, it sounds like he's in pain and obviously sick to his stomach or he wouldn't be trying to eat grass. Poor Soul. Prayers they find out the problem and he starts feeling better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Vinnie

Oh no, not again - poor Soul. I hope Amber is able to get some answers for him today that will help him. No suggestions unfortunately, just lots of prayers and good thoughts

I just called Amber again. She's arrived at the e-vet. She's worried it may be bloat :( but Soul has not been seen by a vet yet, so we don't know.

For anyone who has experience of bloat - does this sound familiar? His gums are pink and he doesn't have a temperature, but he is still panting and pacing a lot, making gulping sounds, and he tried to eat his bed in the car. His eyes look very tired.

Hang in there sweet boy :cry1

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Lots of prayers coming your way Soul buddy. Please keep on fighting.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest Energy11
I just called Amber again. She's arrived at the e-vet. She's worried it may be bloat :( but Soul has not been seen by a vet yet, so we don't know.

For anyone who has experience of bloat - does this sound familiar? His gums are pink and he doesn't have a temperature, but he is still panting and pacing a lot, making gulping sounds, and he tried to eat his bed in the car.

Hang in there sweet boy :cry1

Yes, ... sounds like it could be the early stages of bloat, or, some type of abdominal obstruction. They need to get that dog in ASAP. Good Luck!

Kerry a friend's dog actually ate the stuffing out of a bed and then ended up with an obstruction from that . It was thought that her tummy was very upset from the NSAID she was on for something else and she was trying to calm it down. Amber and Soul are in my thoughts and I will be checking in. Thanks for letting us know!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Yes, thanks for letting us know. All sort of prayers that the vet gets to Soulman SOON!

Spencer (also IBD) asks you to convey his love to Amber and Soul too when you can. :gh_lay That's him, waiting for good news.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).