Many Prayers Needed For Joey

Guest Mommydog

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in. Glad he's home.... Hope you both manage to get some good, healing rest tonight. :bighug

Keeping Joey in my thoughts. :candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hope he gets to feeling better once he's home. Hope YOU get some sleep, too! Powerful prayers :candle going out to Joey and hugs :grouphug of support to you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Mommydog

Well he's home and doing better than I expected, he's still pretty zonked out from all the shots and anaesthesia. But he's been resting comfortably, and doesn't appear to be in any pain. He's now on Tramadol and antibiotics besides the Antepsin and Zantac. The poor boy will be rattling when he walks! Katie has taken several small biopsies and the results should be back in about 4 days, she's also taken bloods to test for pancreatitis. She didn't do the laparotomy, thank goodness! I don't think she was keen to do it anyway, as I think she had doubts as to whether he would survive it, the only way she would have done it, was if she had been unable to find any obvious reasons for his problems in his stomach. She hasn't totally ruled any tumours in his abdomen, but that said he had several x-rays done 3 weeks ago, plus she did more today which all came back clear, and it's a brand new hi-tech x-ray machine. She said sometimes small tumours can be missed by the x-ray, but I'm quite hopeful that isn't the case. So it's a case of wait and see how he goes on, and what the biopsy results will tell us, at the moment.

I haven't managed to get any food into him, but then I wasn't really expecting to today. He would however drink like a camel at the if I'd let him, but I'm just letting him have frequent small amounts at the moment with the Lectade in, better little and often and he keeps it down, rather than a great bowl full that he'd bring straight back up. I've managed to get all his pills into him and they've stayed down so far :goodluck

When he started vomiting last night, just before I took him to see Katie, I wasn't happy with what was coming up. Whilst it didn't look exactly like coffee grounds, it was brown and bitty. So I scooped it into a bag, poor Katie she gets the nicest presents of me! :P But she did think there may have been some bleeding.

Having done some reading up, I've discovered that acupuncture can be used successfully to help with gastro-intestinal problems. But then I'm big, big fan of acupuncture, and I think it's good for any type of pain management and to promote healing. So I'm definitely looking into getting him needled.

He was so ill at 3.30 this morning, I almost rang Katie to come and send him to the bridge. But the way he was, well I thought he'd be gone by the time she got here. She did contemplate taking him to surgery last night when we saw her, but she wanted to give him chance to stabilise a bit. I think she was doubtful about whether he would make it through the procedure last night. Then at 4a.m I sensed some change in him, it was as if he'd started fighting back. So it's a blessed relief to have home.

Thank you all so much for support, prayers and good wishes, you've been a lifeline for me, as has Gwanee, she's been absolute rock.

Lots and lots of prayers. So glad he is home with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad to hear Joey is home where he can rest and recover. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest KyGrey

I'm glad to hear he's home and more comfortable. More prayers are being sent out over the pond. That poor boy has been through enough. He needs to start getting better.

:bighug

Sending lots of prayers and good Thoughts and hugs too!!! :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

We will sleep a little better tonight in Miami. I'm so glad he's home with you and Gwanne. I know how much she loves her granddog. Thanks for the update Angie. Time for some rest.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Keep fighting, Joey. :bighug:goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending more prayers and :getwell thoughts to your precious Joey. :hope Hope you get some quality rest tonight. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.