Many Prayers Needed For Joey

Guest Mommydog

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bonscoby

Sounds good!!!!!! If Joey starts to cluck, it is definitely time for something other than chicken! :rolleyes:

Keep up the fabulous work, Joey! More and more hugs and kisses to sweet Joey....XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Guest Mommydog
Sounds good!!!!!! If Joey starts to cluck, it is definitely time for something other than chicken! :rolleyes:

Keep up the fabulous work, Joey! More and more hugs and kisses to sweet Joey....XOXOXOXOXOXOX

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl I'm just off to the vets again! But this time sans hound. I'm going down with my insurance claim form.

{{{{{{{{{{Joey}}}}}}}}}}

Keep getting stronger, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Mommydog

Since Joey started eating again after all his problems last week, Jack, who is usually very easy going about food has become quite obsessional about it. He's always buzzing around when I'm feeding Joey, who is currently having 4 small meals a day, and he always licks Joe's bowl out after he's finished. So I got their early evening meals ready, and as everything was straight from the fridge I thought I'd leave it on the counter 10 mins to take the chill off, whilst I vacced round. Neither of them ever go on the counter..........or so I thought! Whilst I was busy I heard Jack barking, but didn't think much of it. When I went into the kitchen I discovered Joe's empty bowl on the floor, and the culprit, Jack! licking his lips. Joey was standing in the hallway looking slightly gobsmacked :lol I think the barking must have been Jack warning Joey off the food. I did try to tell him off, but I couldn't keep a straight face :lol But how bad is that ? Stealing food from a poorly stick thin hound. What a bad boy you are Jack! :lol

Guest bonscoby

:lol :lol :lol :lol Jack must think Joey is getting some really really great food and that he (Jack) is missing out....

Poor Joey! He's as thin as a pickle and now Jack is stealing his food!

How did Jack get on the counter??????????????????????

Guest Mommydog
:lol :lol :lol :lol Jack must think Joey is getting some really really great food and that he (Jack) is missing out....

Poor Joey! He's as thin as a pickle and now Jack is stealing his food!

How did Jack get on the counter??????????????????????

He can't reach properly, so he pogo's up and down, and he must have jumped up grabbed the dish and pulled it forward and off the counter, little booger! :lol

Oh yes, and Gwanee and I called at the store this evening, and they had uncooked chickens marked down cos' the sell by is tomorrow, so we bought 8 of them, for Joey of course. He's gonna be the only clucking greyhound either side of the pond! :lol

Seems to me you'd better give Jack a little, too ... or ... well, you already know what will happen! :lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So is Joey clucking yet??????????????????

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that really you, Joey?????

chicken.jpg

My my Joey, did you have a color job?

I'm laughing at your update Angie thinking that this sounds like an Ekko and Rafferty trick :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Mommydog
So is Joey clucking yet??????????????????

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that really you, Joey?????

chicken.jpg

:lol :lol :lol Yep, that looks a lot Joey. Then when Gwanee and I went to the store last night, they had uncooked chickens on markdown, so we bought 8! And tonight I found a 4lb bag of rice on markdown too :lol

I've started adding some Royal Canin Sensitivity canned meat to Joey's food, and that's what Jack's after. It's like doggy crack to him. He was even trying to jump up and grab it off the counter whilst I was in the kitchen with him this morning! :P

And yes, you're right Claudia it does sound like an Ekko/Rafferty trick. I once found Raffie with an empty butter dish, that had been on top of the microwave, and the microwave was on the counter, so it was pretty high up. There was a full half pound of butter in it. Needless to say there wasn't any longer! :P

Guest KyGrey

Bandit wants to know if he can join that club? He took a raw steak off the plate on the stove recently. I was just getting ready to throw it in the pan and had to go to the bathroom. I looked down the hallway toward the kitchen just in time to see this big old head jerk back like yum, down the hatch it went. :lol

Guest Mommydog

Well Joe is now off the Tramadol, and doesn't appear to be having any pain :) I expect he'll have to stay on the stomach meds and antibiotics for a couple of months yet. He's eating for Ireland! He has a great big bowl of rice, half a can of Royal Canin Sensitivity, and about three quarters of a cooked chicken, plus roasting juices every day, which is split into 4 meals, and then if he's a little peckish around supper time, and he usually is! He has some rice pudding. I've been giving him a good brushing every day, and now his coat is really shiny and his eyes are bright, he just needs to gain a little weight. So all in all things are looking extremely good :colgate

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes, they've obviously worked! :)

Bandit wants to know if he can join that club? He took a raw steak off the plate on the stove recently. I was just getting ready to throw it in the pan and had to go to the bathroom. I looked down the hallway toward the kitchen just in time to see this big old head jerk back like yum, down the hatch it went. :lol

And I bet you said "Aw, is Mommy not feeding you enough" didn't you Patti ? :lol

So glad to hear he is feeling better!

Guest KyGrey
Well Joe is now off the Tramadol, and doesn't appear to be having any pain :) I expect he'll have to stay on the stomach meds and antibiotics for a couple of months yet. He's eating for Ireland! He has a great big bowl of rice, half a can of Royal Canin Sensitivity, and about three quarters of a cooked chicken, plus roasting juices every day, which is split into 4 meals, and then if he's a little peckish around supper time, and he usually is! He has some rice pudding. I've been giving him a good brushing every day, and now his coat is really shiny and his eyes are bright, he just needs to gain a little weight. So all in all things are looking extremely good :colgate

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes, they've obviously worked! :)

And I bet you said "Aw, is Mommy not feeding you enough" didn't you Patti ? :lol

Who? Me? I wouldn't say anything like that. :lol

I'm so glad he's eating good. It won't take long at all for him to be back up to his normal weight. Give that boy a big hug from me. Aw heck, give Jack one too just because. :)