Many Prayers Needed For Joey

Guest Mommydog

Guest Mommydog

We went back to see Katie today, and whilst I've been in touch with her a lot by phone, it was the first time she'd seen Joey since the endoscopy 5 weeks ago. She's extremely pleased with his progress, and hopefully we won't need to see her again until his boosters are due in November. He'll be coming off the antibiotics in a few days, so fingers crossed they will have got rid of the heliobacter. He is to remain on the Antepsin for another couple of weeks yet, and the Zantac he will stay on for several months more. He's now quite back to normal in himself, playing etc. He's gained a little weight back, but is still around 4lbs down to what he was, but I'm just introducing things very slowly back into his diet But all in all, thanks to Katie's excellent veterinary treatment, Helen's needling, and everyone's much appreciated prayers and good thoughts things are looking very good. :)

Many thanks to you all.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear he's doing well! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest bonscoby

Way to go Joey!!!!! Angie, you deserve most of the credit. If it weren't for you, this would have had a completely different ending.....which we won't even talk about now, thank goodness!!!!!!!!

Hooray for Angie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a turrn around! Keep up the good work, Joey!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Way to go Joey!!!!!!!!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mommydog

Joey is continuing to do well, he's eating fine and has gained some weight back. However, since finishing the antibiotics a fortnight ago he'd been having Big D, he wasn't going much more frequently, but every time he went it was Big D. Katie, said she thought it was likely due to coming off the antibiotics, and told me to give him probiotics. Whilst there was a minor improvement, he was still mainly having Big D. We were rapidly approaching the point where I needed to get some samples and have them checked. I knew Manuka honey was good for the digestive, but I didn't realise quite how good it was until a read an article in a link kindly posted by gryhnd adoptee, thank you very much again :) I then discovered it's done freeze-dried in capsules, which I thought would be much better for his teeth. I started him on 4 capsules a day on Thursday. Yesterday there was a major improvement in his poop, and today he's totally normal. I'm seriously impressed by this stuff, so I'll probably keep him on them permanently now, although I'll drop the dosage in about a month's time. So if things continue the same he'll be set to come off the Antepsin in about 12 days. Katie wants to keep him on the Zantac for a few more months. So right now things are looking very good :)

Thank you all once again for your good wishes.

Guest vahoundlover

Very interesting about the Manuka honey, will have to remember that.

Wonderful to hear that Joey is still doing so well!