Many Prayers Needed For Joey

Guest Mommydog

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mommydog

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and prayers. Well we've still got a very long haul ahead of us, but I'm cautiously hopeful we can beat this. Yesterday he had one and half chicken breast fillets and 6 tablespoons of rice spread over 3 meals. I know it's next to nothing for him, but I don't want to do anything to upset his stomach because to be quite honest if he had another bad episode now I doubt very much he'd survive it, he's lost so much weight, and as he hadn't eaten anything since Tuesday. Apart from a little bit of chicken late Friday night, and I didn't want to overload his tummy, better very slow and steady I think. I'll worry about weight gain when I've got him through this. I think the needling did him a lot of good, he's had much more quality rest since the session. Also with me living on the first floor, the stairs have been a major problem, he's so frail and weak he'd lost all confidence on the stairs. So when I got him home Thursday, I just put some tarpaulin in the hallway and covered it with newspaper, he's such a good boy when he wants a pee he goes on the paper. As I was saying to Hilda, I don't care where he pees, just that he's still alive and peeing! Anyway a few hours after the needling he asked to go out, so I thought we'd give it a go, and whilst he was wobbly he managed pretty well. So he's been out a few times now, this morning when he went out he had a poo. Yesterday he had some pain each time after eating, but I'm fairly certain it was gas, and since he pooed he hasn't had the pain after eating. Then when I was getting ready to take Jack out today, he really wanted to come with us, and got upset when I wouldn't take him. There's no way he'd manage it at the moment, he just doesn't have the strength. I'm hoping to take him out in the car and for a very short walk in a few days time, just to keep him stimulated cos' he's seemed quite depressed too. But I'm sure the acupuncture is giving him a boost, Helen is coming to needle him again Tuesday afternoon. Thank goodness I have insurance, as the bill is touching £1,000 already!

Edited to add: And when I got home with Jack, he threw up twice! Not that I'm worried about him, he does that now and again. Personally I think he's after being fed on chicken breast too! :P

Edited by Mommydog

It's good to hear he's feeling a bit better. Continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KyGrey

Angie, we are continuing to send prayers for Joey. It sounds like he's starting to feel better. I've heard good things about acupuncture but have never tried it on either myself or my dogs. Give him and Jack a hug and kiss from me and I will be praying for Joey to get back on his feet and feel good and like his ole self again.

So glad to hear Joey is continuing to improve. You are absolutely right to take it slow! I am a huge fan of acupuncture myself, it should help with his "wobblies" too, once he gets a little more strength.

continuing :candle:candle for Joey (and you!)

Guest Pipi5

I came straight here when I got on line just now. I'm so thankful that Joey is doing better. Yep, Jack is getting alittle jealous that Joey is getting chicken. I agree, take it slow. You need to get some rest too. :hope

Guest Mommydog
So glad to hear Joey is continuing to improve. You are absolutely right to take it slow! I am a huge fan of acupuncture myself, it should help with his "wobblies" too, once he gets a little more strength.

continuing :candle:candle for Joey (and you!)

Yes, I rate needling very highly too Jan. When I was talking to Helen yesterday morning, she was telling me that about the only things it isn't particularly useful for are chronic neurological conditions. Fortunately he seems to be a fairly good responder.

Many continued prayers from here. What a terrible ride Angie, thank God you're his mom

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest vahoundlover

I'm a big believer in acupuncture too, glad it seems to be helping. I agree slow and easy on the food. Keep fighting Joey, we are all praying for you.

Steady as she goes, Joey. Just keep eating a little at a time, let your tummy rest and follow Mum's orders and you'll be back to normal in no time at all! Condinued prayers for Joey! Hope Tuesday's appointment brings an even greated healing!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

It sounds like he's coming along nicely. I hope the progress continues to be steady and fairly quick (although I'm sure it seems agonizingly slow to you).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Vinnie

That is wonderful news that he is coming back around so well after the needling session. Continued prayers from us as well. Sending extra hugs and scritches too.

Guest Mommydog

I'll update more later, but the BIG news is the biopsy taken for possibly cancerous cells has come back, and it's BENIGN!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

Oh, and Katie says I'm an excellent dog nurse :lol

"Benign" is great news! :yay:yay:yay

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Such a lovely word to read!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)