Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope things turn around quickly for you guys :(

Grace went through a similar healing process...it got worse before it got better. Once she turned the corner though, she QUICKLY got MUCH, MUCH better! Wishing the same for your girl. :grouphug

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Continued prayers for Diamond. I sure hope that dog's owner is paying the vet bills!!!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest FordRacingRon

When the pitbull tore Leia's leg up her stiches ripped through her skin too. She had a big open wound that wouldn't heal with that water therapy either. Eventually her skin around the wound toughened up and the vet cut her some more to loosen the skin then he sowed it back together and it held. Maybe Diamnond will get to the point where the wound can be re-stiched. It breaks my heart to read aobut your dog being in so much pain,,I feel sorry for any animal that is hurting.

I am sending all the prayers and whilte light I can for your pup.

Any news? Still praying for Diamond!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest IrskasMom

Was checking in for an Update ?? This is absolute tragic for all of you. More Prayers and Hugs :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest greygirls2
Was checking in for an Update ?? This is absolute tragic for all of you. More Prayers and Hugs :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

I'm sorry for not updating everyone sooner. Diamond's care is taking all of my time at this point. Since we live in a split level I have had to keep her downstairs and am staying with her almost 24/7. Her stitches have torn on the largest of the wounds and a portion of her muscle is now exposed so I have to keep that bandaged which is no easy task since it is too high on the thigh to bandage around. After 10 days we have finally come up with a sort of"boot" made from surgical mesh that is held up with lengths of gauze around her waist. the bandages still shift around inside though so I have to constantly adjust those ech time she gets up or moves around. The swelling in both legs has finally gone down and her pain level seems to be lessening because she's getting frisky and can't seem to understand that she cannot go up the stairs, which I found out on Wed. when she bolted up the stairs after I left her a few seconds to check on something or out in the play yard with the others. Needless to say she's getting cranky now and I am exhausted form lack of sleep since she seems to get up every hour at night. Almost like a baby that's gotten turned around she sleeps most of the day and wants to be up at night or is just more uncomfortable nights. Unfortunately I cannot sleep during the day, never have been able to so I am pretty tired now. I left her with my husband this morning so I could take JJ & Laci for their walk and get out of the house for a bit. Diamond cried, wailed, barked and even tried to jump the baby gate when I left. So of course now she is passed out cold so I figured I'd come up and send this out. Thank you all so very much for all the white light, prayers and wonderful thoughts being sent out to us I am sure it is helping. Diamond's recovery is going to be a long slow road but we will get through this. I am also takin it one step further....to the state level since the stae of MA does have a leash law and this happend in the state forest park. I will update as I can....thanks again everyone!!!!!

Guest SoulsMom

Thank you for the update. If there is anything we can do to help, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask. I'm not too far away and would be happy to come help with whatever you need.

Continued good thoughts for your sweetie :grouphug

Guest GentleHugs

Sheila,

Glad to hear the most recent update on Diamond. It's a slow recovery I'm sure and it sounds like she is doing a bit better now.

I was going to call you but decided that it would be best that I didn't. You need to spend your time with Diamond and getting her well rather than me blabbing in your ear.

But, you know if you need my help for anything - just holler. I've been through the same as you have - only I lost my girl. I fought my case anyway and won. You fight as hard as you need to - after all - Diamond deserves justice.

Guest IrskasMom

Glad to see an Update on Diamond. With your Devotion , Diamond will get better soon . More Hugs and more Prayers for

you :grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope:grouphug

Guest zoolaine

You are still in our thoughts. Sounds like she is doing better, although that makes it harder in you since she wants to be more active. I can just she her sneaking up the stairs, silly girl.

Guest AndyUK

This thread stirs such emotions that I've typed and re-typed lots of different messages to you and still not sure what to say.

You and Diamond are in my thoughts.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad to hear that Diamond's pain is less and I hope you both get more rest soon. I'm continuing to keep Diamond and your family in my prayers.

Guest greygirls2

Diamond will be going in for another vet appointment today. The wound is still open with the muscle tissue exposed and we are trying to get it to granulate without much success so far. We started carrying her upstairs so she could sleep in her own bed at night....and me too since I am on the brink of exhaustion right now. She seems to be much happier and is sleeping through the night now then I carry her back downstairs for the day when she gets up in the am. I'm hitting all kinds of road blocks in my quest to persue this thing.....

1. when I went to get the police report the other day I was told there wasn't one......how can that possibly be when animal control never even showed up so the responding officer had to make a report

2. animal control tells me there haven't been any prior issues with this dog.....but...my daughter in law ran into the ACO assistant in the supermarket yesterday and her comment was " oh, ya....we've had issues with that dog before".......so what's the story here?????

I will be sending the first set of bills to the offender today.....want to take bets on whether she pays them????? I will be putting my complaint in writing to the town boards later this week and also have a representative contacting the state because this happened on state property which has a leash law in effect.

You bet I'm mad now....raging mad and I won't stop till I get results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!