Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to read yet another dog attack story! Just before logging in, I printed out the complaint for for our local Animal Services. Once again, the little terrier-mutt at the corner or our street squeezed out of her fenced in yard right before my eyes, but of course, her owners weren't home! My three girls HATE this little dog because she crossed the street and came after them Saturday night!

I am keeping Diamond at the top of my prayer list tonight. Hugs to you Sheila.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I just can't comprehend this....why, why, why would someone with a dog known to be vicious permit that dog to run loose? Rhetorical question, I know, and it's not helping Diamond, but I'm just so angry and sad for you. First of all, I'm sending prayers that your precious girl makes a full recovery, and that her pain can be well controlled. And second, I'm sending prayers to you for strength to do whatever you can to make sure that owner takes responsibility---for your medical bills, and for insuring that her dog never does this again!

Please let us know how Diamond is doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Flysmom

I am so sorry that this happened to you 4!! I Diamond makes a full recovery and that this woman gets punished. What an irresponsible moron!!

Guest meakah

Wow, that is absolutely horrid. :( I am so sorry that happened to you and Diamond. There is an eerie resemblance to a similar (luckily not nearly as bad...but it could have been...) occurrence I was involved in only a couple of weeks ago. I was walking down at the off leash park in which I do every day at the same time. I know the dogs and people and everything has been fine for years. On this particular day, I came around the corner as a woman came around from the opposite end...walking towards myself and Koda. Her dog (a senior yellow lab) was quite a ways a head of her and she suddenly yells out for me to grab Koda because her dog 'hates greyhounds'. Koda was right beside me so I grabbed her collar as the dog approached quickly. There I was...holding Koda by the collar with my right hand...the aggressive dog 2 feet from her face having a stare down....my knee somewhat separating them....and the woman slowly jogging up to grab her dog. In the meantime I am thinking....'what on earth is me holding my dog going to help when the aggressive dog is loose!?!??!'....about 10 secs later it lunged right for Koda's side. Luckily she spun super fast...slipped her collar and ran about 10 meters away to the tree line and right at that moment the woman grabbed her aggressive dog. There it was still lungeing and barking aggressively as she held its collar. I just stood there in complete shock realizing how close of a call that was and my blood started boiling. She said sorry and explained how her dog hates Greyhounds and Dalmations for some reason and she didn't know why. I just looked at her in complete disbelief that she was THAT DENSE as to have her dog at the off leash park...an ALL BREED park...and think it was ok...chancing her dog seeing one of those breeds. Man there are DUMB people out there!!!

I know this is different than what happened to you but it definitely is similar in that things can happen very quickly when you least expect it. I, too, carry pepper spray now and a friend is getting me a police retractable baton to carry. I felt so defenseless in that moment and am not sure what would have happened had it gotten a hold of Koda. I am so sorry this happened to Diamond. :( I hope she has a speedy recovery. :hope :hope

Edited by meakah

Guest rogueslg71
I'm sorry this happened. I hope Diamond heals up well. :goodluck

The other dog's owner is clearly an idiot. If she knows her dog is aggressive towards other dogs she should not be walking it off-leash, ever.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you live in an area where there is a leash law and you see a loose dog, call AC EVERY time. Don't just try to avoid the dog or hope that you won't run into that owner again. Irresponsible owners like this usually don't get the 'hint' until you get them in trouble or it hits them in the wallet. They need to learn their lesson before they start acting responsibly and leashing up their dog. Sometimes calling AC every time is what it takes.

Best of luck with Diamond.

~Lindsay~

Poor baby, i HOpe Diamond heals quickly and gets back to normal asap. I totally agree with Lindsay though about calling AC. If everyone who saw this woman and her dog had called AC everytime the dog probably would be on it's way to 'bed' by now because its clear that this was a situation that couldve been prevented. I have rarely ever run into a loose dog in my area or neighborhood at all and am grateful for that! I hope that there hav been previous reports so that you can get some action taken instead of her getting a 'warning'. I WISH all judges were common sense like judge judy on tv! too bad most of them are just as bad as lawyers and will let people get away with anything. I hope you can get this woman to suffer though and the dog put down so you can walk there safely in the future

Guest meakah

I should add....I have sued someone and ended up in small claims court for her dog attacking (and killing) my pet. Her dog was off leash and mine wasn't. And it was NOT an off leash area. She also knew her dog had the propensity to kill smaller animals. All in all....it was negligence on her part. She had to pay the full sum I sued her for (vet bill plus lost wages) and more....the judge made her pay for my 2 cats that I acquired months later as a 'replacement'. I could have sued for my mental state as well but I didn't (the judge actually asked me in court...I think he wanted me to). In the end...it as an extremely emotional day in court but it was worth it and I am glad I did it. It would not have been fair had she walked away with no repercussions from that situation. Losing my pet to a dog was likely one of the most...if not THE most (watching my 1 year old cat die of antifreeze poisoning is a close 2nd) horrific thing I have ever witnessed and something I will never forget. :cry1 And it all could have been avoided had she had HALF a brain. It doesn't matter how responsible you are....it just takes one imbecile to crash the walls down....

Oh, I am so sorry, what a nightmare come true. I fear this EVERY day I walk my dogs. Big hugs for you, gentle hugs for Diamond and I hope the woman who owns the out of control dog gets the book thrown at her...she has it coming.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Shermanator
I learned today the no matter what precautions you take you don't have a chance walking 3 dogs if an aggressive one like this comes along.

Do NOT beat yourself up over this. You wouldn't have had a chance if you were walking 1 dog. Patton was attacked by a pitbull puppy, and he came out of nowhere. I had both Sherman and Patton, and simply let go of both leads when the attack started. Sherman stayed by my side barking and snarling while I tried to free Patton.

Patton was torn up badly, but after a year and a half, he's ok.

Good luck to you and sweet Diamond. If you need any help with her after the attack let me know. Patton was fine physically, but struggled to regain his confidence after the attack.

Get mad, and make sure you hold this person accountable. We ended up suing the owner of the dog who attacked Patton to recover all the vet costs.

I went from hysterical to MAD. DH actually had to hold me back once he came on the scene while were waiting for AC. The other dogs owners where so flippant, I wanted to lose my mind. :) Needless to say, DH had to handle all the conversations with them afterward, since i could not hold it together to be civil. :blush

How is Diamond today?

Guest TBSFlame
OMG- I am so sorry. One of my biggest fears. I carry a freaking bat on my walks. How sick is that.

I am sending loads of prayers your way.

I also carry a bat or walking stick and I would use it in a heartbeat.

How is Diamond today? I'm getting worried since we haven't heard any updates.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Checking in. Any news? :unsure

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

OMG. How horrific. What a nightmare. :eek Holding your precious Diamond in my prayers and light for full healing on all levels. :hope Hopefully you'll be successful in making the owner responsible for ALL vet bills and her blatant lack of common sense when it comes to pet ownership. :goodluck

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

How is your precious girl doing?

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:angryfire Irresponsible dog owners make me so mad!!!!! I just posted "Beware - it's springtime" because a lot of people and dogs are out and about including the idiots! Ziggy got attacked last saturday, luckily by a smaller dog, but it was still so traumatic! So sorry this has happened and hope Diamond heals quickly. Poor Baby! :grouphug