Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

Guest Javagirl

I'm so glad to hear that Diamond is on the mend. These situations make me so angry because its just plain obliviousness and stupidity on the owner's part that allows it to happen. You did the right thing by taking action, who knows how many other dogs have been victims or would be victims in the future.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FordRacingRon

I am happy your dog is getting better, I really am. Leia was attacked by a pitbull a few years back and the mental wounds took much longer then the physical wounds to heal,,it just takes a ton of time,,,for pups and humans. As you stated, its hard not letting the fear travel down the leash when loose dogs are on the prowl. It took Leia a good 6 months before she was back to walking her normal way, but today (almost 2 1/2 years later) she still hates dogs, especially ones that want to go nose to nose. Rear end sniffing is fine, but anything else she will give a warning growl. Hang tough......

I'm so glad Diamond is almost healed :yay And you're right, some people just don't get it!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Ashley

I'm so happy to hear that your baby Diamond is doing so much better! This whole situation was just terrible. What really bugs me is how irresponsible the owner was and continues to be, and how because of her ignorance, yet another pit bull type will have a bad mark against its whole breed. Those dogs can be the most wonderful, sweet companions as long as they are properly socialized, and are trained properly. Obviously hers wasn't, and she didn't do anything to help fix it, let alone manage it.

The whole thing just makes me so angry. But hooooray for Diamond!! I'll have to look up that honey, it sounds like a miracle in a jar!

Guest Tuxsmom

:yay for Diamond! What a horrible ordeal. I am glad to hear the owners are complying with law...but man, it just doesn't seem enough. Your $$$$ really really needs to be compensated. What about your missed work, time & travel, etc.? I hope you are going after that too.

I know Diamond's healing is really the main thing to you right now :grouphug

good luck with everything...keep us updated !