Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

Guest poopsie1

I'm so sorry to read about poor Diamond. There are just so many irresponsible owners out there and it always makes me nervous whenever I walk Stanley and Dan. I hope the authorities throw the book at her. Sending many prayers that Diamond heals quickly, not only from the physical trauma but the emotional trauma as well.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CDNgreys

I'm so sorry your walk was ruined and Diamond is in surgery.

I hope she gets better and has no emotional damage for future walks.

What kind of moron tells people repeatedly that their dog is aggressive but takes it out in public, off leash no less.

I hope you take this owner down!! Here in Ontario we have a bylaw that pitbulls and the like are also to be muzzled or face a fine!

If I was a different type of person I'd be so tempted to hang around where she walks her dog and give her a taste of her own medicine.

Sorry, I'm just so sick of stories like this. I can hardly type because I'm so mad I'm shaking!!!!

Get well, soon Diamond you have a lot of people cheering you on.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Sending tons of white light and prayers for your baby.

Not trying to incite a riot, but I want to say put the **tch to sleep along with her dog. BTW, my husband who is a UPS driver got bit by a dog today. Why are people so dumb? And I do believe it is the owner's fault/responsibility. There can only be one "first" aggressive act and then after that the owner knows what they are capable of. Blood is boiling....

Special prayers for your special baby. :hope

Guest PiagetsMom

I always hate to hear when something like this happens.......I'm so sorry, and I send many good thoughts for a complete recovery for Diamond :grouphug

I am so sorry..... sending prayers. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

OMG- I am so sorry. One of my biggest fears. I carry a freaking bat on my walks. How sick is that.

I am sending loads of prayers your way.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest redreed

This makes me soooo crazy!!!!! Our terrier is not particularly strange dog friendly (although she's a little weird, she likes dogs in her house, but not on the street) - we NEVER EVER let her anywhere off-leash. How hard is it to clip a leash onto a collar and take your dog for a freakin' walk??

I'm so sorry that this happened to Diamond and to you!!! Many good thoughts to you both.

Guest greymama002
:bighug for Diamond and for you! So sorry that Diamond had to suffer such horrible wounds and best wishes :hope for a complete recovery!

Guest suzye

I am so sorry. This is my worst nightmare, too. I hope your precious baby makes a full recovery, and I also hope that IDIOT pays bigtime, and her dog goes... away.

I'm so sorry. Sending lots of prayers for Diamond and your other pups. The complete stupidity of some people (like that dog's owner) is amazing.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest nerak254
My Diamond wishes your Diamond all the best to heal 100%.

She wants to know if you want some Italians to "take care of things" :POed She knows a couple of Cane Corsos.

Sue her for more than just the vet bills. Sue her for YOUR pain and suffering that you encounter when you saw your dog mauled. Judge Judy would give you $5000, the max if you were to go in front of her. And with you on leash and her's off leash, there's no doubt.

Your post just got my blood boiling!!!! :angryfire:angryfire

I walk with a spray, a kitchen knife and 6 foot walking staff. God help the dog or person who hurts my babies!

I guess this is the kind of stuff that made me ask about stun guns a while back...

Hmm, any chance the dog could be rescued by a responsible person and the current owner could be put to sleep?!?! Just kidding - but if he would attack another dog this viciously he shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Prayers that Diamond heals quickly.

Excellent idea!

Guest SoulsMom
OH NO! Many prayers for you, Diamond, and everyone else!

I'm over here in Brookfield, if there is anything I can do to help!

I was about to post the same thing, I'm in Worcester please let me know if I can help in anyway.

I am so sickened that this happened to your girl. It was so preventable :(

Keeping you and your sweetie in my thoughts. Please update us when you can :grouphug

I am so sorry. Reading what happened to you just sickens and angers me. People who don't leash their vicious dogs should have to spend a few days in jail to think about their stupidity.

Sending prayers for your sweet baby and for you.

Edited by Shaysmom
S.jpg

Guest SoulsMom

I just wanted to add that that fisherman was an angel. I hope someday wonderful things come back to him. I'm sure having his help was such a relief to you :grouphug

I am so sorry this happened to Diamond, sending prayers for your baby to heal physically and emotionally. As for the owner and her pit, put them both down!!!!!!!! I am sick of hearing about loose dogs attacking other dogs, I too have a few screwball owners who let their dogs loose in the park near me, one who lets his German Shepard run next to his car @ the park while he drives around, an accident waiting to happen. He ran up in back of us when we were walking one day, scared the sh** out of me as I was attacked by one when I was 10 yrs old, I screamed at him to get out and told the owner that I would hurt him if he even touched my dogs. Now when he sees me, he does not let his dog out until we are back in the car. You should go after this woman w/a vengeance, get signatures if need be to have the dog put down.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm so sorry to hear of yet another senseless act and suffering because of some irresponsible person who caused this problem. My thoughts and prayers are with Diamond. Nothing is going to change and we will continue to read/hear about these types of travesties until people start to protest and demand that those who are in charge of upholding the law do their jobs. Please sue, report, go to the media, etc. and call attention to this. It amazes me that people still allow their dogs to run unleashed and then get away with the hardships they place on other animals and owners when their dogs attack.

I'm reminded of the saying "If you are not a part of the solution, then you are part of the problem." Please please please sue, report, make those irresponsible people hurt. Make them feel the pain. It's not fair for our sweet dogs to suffer the pain and for those who are following the law to have to deal with the heartbreak and expense because of what is caused by this lack of responsibility.

Try small claims court to get back the cost of your vet bills. And call the newspapers. There are many people out there who will rally around a case like this. Please don't allow this to be your problem. Give it back to those who are responsible.

How horrible...sending lots of healing thoughts and white light.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross