Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kydie

been following this from the beginning,so glad she is better, the leash law, and foot dragging by the local government, has me baffled, I live in the middle of no-where Pa,( and I mean NO WHERE) and even we have leash laws, I sure wouldn't give up on the vet bill payment either, Good Luck and again so happy your girl is on the mend

Guest eaglflyt

This is wonderful news and I'm thrilled to hear the wounds are closing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the guilty dog owner that attacked Diamond will be charged and pay all the vet bills and NEVER let a dog run loose again!

That's great news about the manuka honey - I have some on hand here - never know when you might need it. Plus it tastes good & honey keeps forever. :) Here is a linky with some graphic photos, but it tells a great success story about manuka honey:

Teagan's injury

Good luck with the business end of this. People are just unbelievable. :angryfire

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Update on Diamond....we may finally be making progress....

It's been a long recovery with 3 of the more severe wounds staying open with the muscle exposed. I have used countless meds, creams, etc. trying to get these to heal. I have come across a New Zealand Manuka Honey wound cream and it has worked like a miracle! I've been using it for 1 week now and the wounds have closed in by over 1/2 their original diameter.

I have some of that on hand, too. I got some for my Mum who is in her eighties, and got a tube for myself at the same time. She injured her shin and it wouldn't heal, but with the Manuka wound cream it closed up within a week or so. It was just split skin but she's on steroids and Methotrexate and it just wasn't closing. I also keep the Manuka honey too. It's great stuff! I'm so glad to hear it helped Diamond!

Good luck with the money battle. This woman really needs to take responsibility and pay up. :angry:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

So glad you were able to find such success with the Manuka Honey. What a relief for you to see her wounds finally healing. Before too long your beautiful pup will be back to normal. This has been a terrible ordeal for you and Diamond and it's nice to see things looking better.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GentleHugs

:yay for Manuka Honey! You go Diamond girl! (Ok - that just made me remember the song Diamond Girl by Seals and Crofts...)

I totally forgot about the Manuka Honey cream.... duh.... but soooooo relieved to hear its working!

And as for that *idiot* who OWES you and Diamond big time - persistence is the key! Keep going at her until she realizes you are NOT giving up! Remember - it took me almost a year to get justice for Hannah but I finally got it.

I hope Diamond is feeling much better now and I hope you are getting more sleep, too.

Have some :bighug

• 1 month later...
Guest greygirls2

I couldn't figure out how to change the topic to "update" so here goes. I am thrilled to report that Diamond's wounds are healing very nicely now. The Manuka Honey cream really hasbeen a miracle for her. The two largest gaping wounds are down to barely slits about 1/8" wide and you can already see the granulation tissue inside so it is just a matter of time before she is fully healed. She's graduated from being bandaged all the time to just wearing her "panties" to keep things covered so they don't get scraped or bumped and open up. She's been able to use her kiddie pool and play in the play yard happily digging holes and romping around so she is a very happy girl right now. It amazes my vet that she has come away from all of this without even the slightest trace of a limp! It amazes me that she has no fear of other dogs....we got a good test of that this Sunday while walking at the town beach. two women with standars poodles allowed them to roam off leash unbeknownst to us. As soon as I saw the two gogs round the corner alone I told my grandaughter to just turn around and we'd walk the other way. Too late...the poodles spotted us and bounded over right in my dog's faces! I was yelling at them to go back when the owners came around the corner and saw them. They simply and gently kept calling to the ir dogs offering cookies which the dogs totally ignored. Taylor stayed back with Laci who was getting very nervous and lightly growling under her breath. I had both Diamond and JJ with the poodles just circling all around them getting right up into their faces. One of the women said..."oh, don't worry they wouldn't hurt anyone" I said " well what makes you thoink my dogs won't harm yours, loose dogs are always a threat to dogs that are restrained" and I proceeded to tell her about the attack and that my dogs are very traumatized and nervous about strange dogs in their faces. I nicely told them they need to teach their dogs some dog etiquette and that the leash laws in town pertain to everyone plus how can you pick up after your dogs when you are nowhere near them to see if they poop. I don't think they were too happy about that....people just don't get it. And again we were in a public park. Anyway the only time Diamond even flinched was when both dogs were at her sniffing her wounds. I, on the other hand, had knees of jelly and I was shaking by the time we started walking again. I really am having a difficult time dealing with stuff like this now and I'm trying very hard not to transfer my fears to the dogs. I'm considering taking Laci to a class that's being offered to get her a little more secure when these things happen and to help me deal with it a little better also.

I brought the file of bills out to the police dept. last Monday for the ACO to pick up. I also noted on there that I expect payment in 30 days since they've had the preliminary bills since April and I haven't gotten even a $10 good faith payment. If after 30 days they don't comply I will seek the advice of an attorney and explore my options. The ACO has been doing periodic checks on them and they have complied with the "Vicious Dog Act" so far. A secure kennel has been set up on the property, the dog is confined, registered and fined as required. Now we'll see if their homeowners policy is going to pay the bills. So that's our update for July....it's been a very long 3 1/2 months for all of us and it's nice to finally see some huge improvement in Diamond's quality of life. I want to thank everyone once again for all the help, support and good thoughts for Diamond through this awful ordeal. It's great to know that here are so many wonderful people out there. Diamond sends all of you cold wet nose nuzzles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Diamond's relaxing now that she knows her namesake is doing greyt. She's had her toes crossed for months and is exhausted.

Dimatongue.jpg

You're a good girl Diamond for letting your Momma know that you're not traumatized by everything.

And keep going after those bills. I'm glad the town finally did something regarding that dog.

So nice to hear the wounds are healing and Diamond is doing well. :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest greymama002

Thank you for posting the happy update about sweet Diamond! I have been thinking about her & am so glad to hear she's doing so well! :confetti:yay:clap:confetti

Guest eaglflyt

This is WONDERFUL news! I'm continuing to pray for Diamond's complete healing and for you to be OK with being out and about with her again, too. I'm also glad to hear the owner of the pit bull has the appropriate area to contain the dog now and I hope that she will pay up and permanently LEARN from all of this!

I highly recommend an excellent dog training class with a highly knowledgeable trainer to help both you and Diamond and your other dogs get acclimated to social interactions again. Bless your hearts.

Give Diamond hugs and scritches for us from OK!

Shelly and all our pooches in OK

I am so Happy to hear the update and to know Diamond is doing better... Sending lots of Hugs to you both... :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I am so glad she's healing so nicely.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest TurnerMiller01
:yay:yay THat is greyt news about Diamond... Yay.. for DIAMOND.. may she continue to heal and continue with wet nose nuzzles... YAY for DIAMOND. :confetti:confetti

Guest greygirls2

"My Diamond's relaxing now that she knows her namesake is doing greyt. She's had her toes crossed for months and is exhausted."

OMG I had no idea how much your Diamond looks like my Diamond...........could be twins!!!!! Is your girl on the small side? My Diamond weighs in at 63 lbs. :colgate

"My Diamond's relaxing now that she knows her namesake is doing greyt. She's had her toes crossed for months and is exhausted."

OMG I had no idea how much your Diamond looks like my Diamond...........could be twins!!!!! Is your girl on the small side? My Diamond weighs in at 63 lbs. :colgate

Including the ETS?!

Ima Dima Lima Bean (aka Diamond) is 65 lbs.

Her tail curls and she sits on her hip bones.

What about your girl? And how is your precious baby?

My Dima is going to be 12 in Oct.

Edited by MP_the4pack