Diamond Got Attacked Today

Guest greygirls2

Guest ss556

Sending lots of prayers for Diamond. This is horrible and I've been through it 3 times with my Alan, not as bad as Diamond, but stitches twice. Please update. Hugs to you.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GREYTGLITTER

OMG. Saying a prayer for Diamond and all of you. I do not like walking my 3 (with DH) when there are any dogs off leash.

My Diamond wishes your Diamond all the best to heal 100%.

She wants to know if you want some Italians to "take care of things" :POed She knows a couple of Cane Corsos.

Sue her for more than just the vet bills. Sue her for YOUR pain and suffering that you encounter when you saw your dog mauled. Judge Judy would give you $5000, the max if you were to go in front of her. And with you on leash and her's off leash, there's no doubt.

Your post just got my blood boiling!!!! :angryfire:angryfire

I walk with a spray, a kitchen knife and 6 foot walking staff. God help the dog or person who hurts my babies!

I am so sorry this happened. Irresponsible owners and aggressive dogs - the worst combination possible. It just makes me angry. Please know all my prayers and good thoughts are going out to Diamond and also hugs to you. This was a traumatic experience.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

How awful - sending prayers Diamond recovers fully from her wounds.

I agree with others - this owner is completely irresponsible to be letting an aggressive dog loose without even a muzzle, and she should be held accountable for the consequences. Consider as well that in addition to the cost of the immediate vet care, there will probably be follow-on rehab, etc., to be taken care of.

Hugs to you both.

Edited by Rickiesmom

Guest FordRacingRon

Sending prayers and white light for your precious Diamond. Unless you've been there you don't realize how horrific this is. It may take months for your pup to heal both physically and mentally.

Having been there, with some respect, I know what this is like. You're right, it happens so blindingly fast. I carry pepper spray and a stun gun but the day Leia was attacked had I been armed that day, I still would not have been able to stop the pit that got her.

Right now concentrate on you and your pup. In a few days go after that (Rymes with witch) with all the law and lawyers you can muster. That pit belongs locked up forever. I won't say put down, but should never be allowed to roam free again.

I'm so sorry this happened to Diamond. I am sending tons of prayers and white light to her. I hope you go after

that woman and her dog with everything you have. What is wrong with some people!!!!!!!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest GREYTGLITTER

I was just telling my DH your story and he sends along positive thoughts and quick healing to Diamond and you.

Glad to hear you have contacted your selectman.

You should go after this dog owner for everything you can - medical expenses, etc. It would be so nice to hear that an irresponsible dog owner got hit where it hurts - in the wallet and maybe got some other punishment. :angryfire

I hope that all the attention does not go towards the dog being a pit bull because the OWNER, not the breed, is responsible for the dog being able to get to Diamond.

Keeping Diamond and you in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Lot of healing white light coming your way. I hope your prup feels better soon.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Prayers going up! :hope Poor Diamond! Thank goodness you are adamant about pursuing this and trying to prevent it from happenning to another innocent victim. Irresponsible people seem to gravitate to mutant trash dogs and let them run wild. :angryfire Good luck in your prosecution, lawsuit evrything you can think of! And most of all love and get well wishes to poor Diamond.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Oh my gosh! How frightening! You were so lucky because it sounds like just a few minutes longer and poor Diamond would have been gone. Sending prayers for her fast recovery poor baby!

How totally irresponsible of the owner...............Hope Diamond recovers very soon the poor baby.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Wow. Just wow. I will censor my thoughts for the *woman* and her dog, and simply say that you and Diamond have my prayers and love. I pray for Diamond's quick and complete recovery, and for your peace of mind.

Best of luck as you persue this...

Edited by Sighthounds4me

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest greytbookert

I keep thinking about poor Diamond.

If you haven't done so already, make sure you take pictures. I know it must be horrible to look at but you'll need documentation if/when you pursue legal action.

Edited by greytbookert

I'm praying hard that Diamond is okay. Her wounds sound similar to the attack Grace suffered...which healed with out too many bumps in the road. You'd never know today what she went though, she's 100% unchanged with no lasting effects from the attack (THANK GOD!)

I was just telling my DH your story and he sends along positive thoughts and quick healing to Diamond and you.

Glad to hear you have contacted your selectman.

You should go after this dog owner for everything you can - medical expenses, etc. It would be so nice to hear that an irresponsible dog owner got hit where it hurts - in the wallet and maybe got some other punishment. :angryfire

I hope that all the attention does not go towards the dog being a pit bull because the OWNER, not the breed, is responsible for the dog being able to get to Diamond.

Keeping Diamond and you in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Just wanted to echo my agreement with the statements above!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest EllaTheGreyt

Not to sound crude, but that pit owner is an idiot! I am sick to my stomach after reading about your baby :( I hope justice is served and your Diamond is back 100%.

Hmm, any chance the dog could be rescued by a responsible person and the current owner could be put to sleep?!?! Just kidding - but if he would attack another dog this viciously he shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Prayers that Diamond heals quickly.

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

oh gosh :( :( :( sending many prayers for Diamond!!! :hope :hope :candle:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest zoolaine

Poor Diamond, hope she feels better and everything heals. What kind of stupid bozo walks a known aggressive dog without a leash. The dog was just loose or was it on a leash and got away from the owner? Either way if she can't control the dog it should not be out in public (and shouldn't be off leash at all). I feel so sorry for you and Diamond and the your other two dogs too - they must have been scared to death. Please keep us updated,

Guest LindsaySF

I'm sorry this happened. I hope Diamond heals up well. :goodluck

The other dog's owner is clearly an idiot. If she knows her dog is aggressive towards other dogs she should not be walking it off-leash, ever.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you live in an area where there is a leash law and you see a loose dog, call AC EVERY time. Don't just try to avoid the dog or hope that you won't run into that owner again. Irresponsible owners like this usually don't get the 'hint' until you get them in trouble or it hits them in the wallet. They need to learn their lesson before they start acting responsibly and leashing up their dog. Sometimes calling AC every time is what it takes.

Best of luck with Diamond.

~Lindsay~