Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

What wonderful news - how happy you must be. Canyon looks so comfortable in that roach! Hugs to your beautiful boy from me. :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's WONDERFUL!

Way to roach, Canyon!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Okay, now I do believe it's time to start organizing his world tour. He has many states to visit not to mention Canada.

He will be one very busy boy

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Annie

Low Level Laser Treatment

Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates tissue repair through a process of PhotoBioStimulation. LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Lasers use red and near infrared light. There are different classes of lasers that range from Class I (supermarket scanners) to Class IV (surgical lasers used for cutting through tissues). We use a Class III laser. It does not cut.

Light travels as bundles of energy called Photons. Photons bombard us every day from natural light. The difference is that photons from a laser are monochromatic (one wavelength of color), polarized (concentrated on one spot) and coherent (the light travels in a straight line). This allows the light to penetrate the surface of the skin without any heating effects or damage to the skin. Photons will only be absorbed by the cells that need help.

They normalize injured tissue by activating enzymes. The enzymes trigger chemical reactions in the cells, supplying energy for the cells to take in nutrients and dispose of waste products faster. This promotes natural healing and pain relief.

Physiological effects:

Accelerated collagen synthesis

increased formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue

decrease in micro-organisms

pain reduction

Low-level laser therapy is considered to be especially effective for: wound management, joint conditions (including arthritis), soft-tissue injuries (including strains, sprains, tendonitis and tenosynovitis, capsulitis and bursitis) and chronic pain.

What wonderful news about your handsome boy. Go Canyon!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Annie

THE LASER THERAPY HAS DONE WONDERS!!! :yay:yay:yay

I have taken Canyon on 2 walks with the River and Breezy, which entails going down and back up 13 stairs! He had no problem! :D And let me tell you, he was kicking up his heels with every peemail! :lol

Oh Annie I'm so happy!!! I wanted to let you know that you can use the laser therapy at home too! My holistic vet years ago told me to get one of the (better) laser pointers and just run that back and forth and in circles concentrating over the area that needed it for 20 minutes at a time. Even though it was not as "strong" as the kind at her office it did actually help and she always encourages me to use it. She also does accupuncture which as you know is also highly effective. You can use it to stimulate the various accupuncture points also by shining it onto the various points! So you can give him a lot of the "good stuff" at home too. I'm just so happy. Give Canyon a kiss for me! :wub:

Edited by racindog

Guest Annie
Oh Annie I'm so happy!!! I wanted to let you know that you can use the laser therapy at home too! My holistic vet years ago told me to get one of the (better) laser pointers and just run that back and forth and in circles concentrating over the area that needed it for 20 minutes at a time. Even though it was not as "strong" as the kind at her office it did actually help and she always encourages me to use it. She also does accupuncture which as you know is also highly effective. You can use it to stimulate the various accupuncture points also by shining it onto the various points! So you can give him a lot of the "good stuff" at home too. I'm just so happy. Give Canyon a kiss for me! :wub:

Thanks for this racindog! I could use it on myself too!!!!! :colgate

Guest Vinnie

:pinkele:kiss2:inlove:banana:bounce:clap:confetti:offwall:wub:

Just catching up from the weekend. Oh, I so needed to see the handsome Mr. Canyon roaching! That did my heart some good. And to hear how well he is doing with this laser therapy - woohoo!!! And how are you doing now? Hopefully you are just as recharged as your keyboard :lol Sending hugs and scritches.