Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful news! :)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

No wonder the stock market closed up today! They had confirmation that Canyon is going to be just fine!

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Hello, Ticketmaster? The Canyon Does The World tour is back on! Yippee!

We all knew that Canyon was flawless and now the Doctors have undeniable proof - inside and out!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

No wonder the stock market closed up today! They had confirmation that Canyon is going to be just fine!

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Hello, Ticketmaster? The Canyon Does The World tour is back on! Yippee!

We all knew that Canyon was flawless and now the Doctors have undeniable proof - inside and out!

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Annie
Soooooo...where are the details????

Sorry Carol :lol I am so exhausted by the past weeks that I'm barely functioning! :blink:

I took Canyon in at 0800 on Thursday and they allowed me to wait in the quiet room with him. I had him calmed down quite a bit (read as not crying out loud and shaking so hard he could barely stand!) by the time they took him in at 1100. I was informed the MRI would take between 1 1/2 hrs and 3 hrs. At 1230 I asked the front desk for an update... then again at 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30. :unsure

They put me back in the quiet room with him at about 3:45 and I was informed that Dr. Sharp was having a quick bite to eat and would come talk to me after. :riphair A while later, his liason came in and said they wanted Canyon again. When I pressed her about why, she said to show him to another surgeon. I still had no word as to the results and could feel my composure dissolving rapidly. :riphair:cry1

An eternity later, Dr. Sharp came in and said one word "NOTHING". By then I was just about a pile of goo on the floor.

Then he told me briefly what they had checked by MRI, injected dye and/or Xray: :eek His brain, ears and throat, neck, entire spine, shoulders, and lungs. There might even have been more, but you've got the gist of it!

WOW, they had left no stone unturned!!! AND FOUND NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! :confetti:bounce1:bounce:banana:pinkele Can you imagine they did all this imaging free of charge. :jaw

By touch, they found him sore in his thoracic spine at T2. His surgery and disc fenestrations were at C5/6, C6/7 and T1, so it could be referred pain, but nothing was amiss on the MRI. Dr. Sharp suggested laser therapy and accupuncture for his pain. We started laser before we even left that day and I saw a difference right away! :colgate We are going for his third treatment in an hour.

He is going to be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geoff and I are even reconsidering going to Kanab if Canyon is up to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't thank you all enough for your support and prayers through this ordeal.

With much love and gratitude,

Annie and Canyon

Canyon_post_surgery_day_19_Breezy_2_800.jpg

Edited to add picture

Edited by Annie

Guest LolasMom

:confetti:confetti WOOOO HOOOOO!! Best news ever! :confetti:confetti

:clap:clap Yeah Canyon :wub:

I know from exprience that laser and acupunture can do absolute wonders on a sore pup.

My God Annie, what a very long exhausting day for both of you. But it sure paid off with such good news.

And you said you had a good calm feeling about this and you were right!!!

This boy deserves every good thing possible to come his way, and thank God you are the one who is his mom.

It's been a sad few days here but news like this really helps bring a smile, so thank you Canyon, you are one very loved boy

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

I'm so GLAD he's doing better!!!! :yay:confetti:yay:confetti

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He just did his first roach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry about the poor quality of the picture.)

Canyon_post_surgery_day_24_first_roach.jpg

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest BlackandBrindle

After a sad and stressful week, I have to say this news made my whole outlook on life better! I'm SO GLAD that Canyon is going to be fine.

Kisses to that sweet boy and cookies for everyone! :colgate