Canyon Is Home!

Guest Annie

WHY DOES THIS BOY MAKE MY EYES LEAK????????????????

Ok, listen up. I think we can dis the photographer. Mom seems to have it covered; between that shot with Breeze and the mood lighting in the shot of the best looking roach in Canada, publicity shots are already on the way to the publicist. Obviously, a trainer isn't going to be necessary; what with laser therapy, plenty of walks and fresh air, the boy will be in tip top form in a matter of a few days. That leaves wardrobe, transportation, catering, security and an opening act.

Canyon, you are a love magnet! We're on speed dial to Ticket Master - just let us know in what cities you will be appearing after Kanab!

You make my heart sing!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Annie
WHY DOES THIS BOY MAKE MY EYES LEAK????????????????

Ok, listen up. I think we can dis the photographer. Mom seems to have it covered; between that shot with Breeze and the mood lighting in the shot of the best looking roach in Canada, publicity shots are already on the way to the publicist. Obviously, a trainer isn't going to be necessary; what with laser therapy, plenty of walks and fresh air, the boy will be in tip top form in a matter of a few days. That leaves wardrobe, transportation, catering, security and an opening act.

Canyon, you are a love magnet! We're on speed dial to Ticket Master - just let us know in what cities you will be appearing after Kanab!

You make my heart sing!

Linda, you are a doll!!! :lol

I don't think we can do Kanab afterall. :( Too expensive and too much driving for this year, unfortunately.

Just don't leave Palm Springs off that list. I'll order perfect weather

Wayne says Canyon can use his body guards that he has to protect Miss Free to be gorgeous, so security is set

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

You've got to make sure Louisville KY is on his tour! Only fitting that the ultimate greyhound visit the city of the ultimate horse race. Canyon, you'd LOVE Derby time here. It is a lot of fun and there is a lot of press coverage that we know would just swoon over you! Or maybe it could even be arranged to be here during the Greyhound Festival of the Bluegrass. You'd surely be the guest of honor. Have a great day Canyon- we love you! :love2

-Your KY fan club

Edited by racindog

Guest Annie

I just took my baby boy for his walk with River and Breezy. :D We go slowly and not that far, but boy, he is so happy to be sniffing the news, and leaving messages of his own!!! :lol

Kanab is out for this year, but I've just made arrangements for a pet friendly cabin on the ocean on the west coast of Vancouver Island. It will be a gorgeous place to stroll the beach with the pups and have a well deserved romantic holiday with my much loved husband! :wub::wub::wub:

Guest sorenkkg
Yeay! Romantic walks on the beach with your happy houndies! :wub:

... AND her husband!

I can only imagine how stressed you must have been through all this (and maybe still are) and I'm happy you will be able to get away as a family and enjoy some human and houndie quality time! :yay:confetti:clap

Wonderful news that Canyon is doing much better. Glad you all are taking some family time together....sound lovely. Wow, did I see more than 400 replies for Canyon?. What a much loved baby/ It is so wonderful to know that everyone loves Canyon and his family, two legs and four legs.

Low Level Laser Treatment

Low Level Laser Therapy stimulates tissue repair through a process of PhotoBioStimulation. LASER stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Lasers use red and near infrared light. There are different classes of lasers that range from Class I (supermarket scanners) to Class IV (surgical lasers used for cutting through tissues). We use a Class III laser. It does not cut.

Light travels as bundles of energy called Photons. Photons bombard us every day from natural light. The difference is that photons from a laser are monochromatic (one wavelength of color), polarized (concentrated on one spot) and coherent (the light travels in a straight line). This allows the light to penetrate the surface of the skin without any heating effects or damage to the skin. Photons will only be absorbed by the cells that need help.

They normalize injured tissue by activating enzymes. The enzymes trigger chemical reactions in the cells, supplying energy for the cells to take in nutrients and dispose of waste products faster. This promotes natural healing and pain relief.

Physiological effects:

Accelerated collagen synthesis

increased formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue

decrease in micro-organisms

pain reduction

Low-level laser therapy is considered to be especially effective for: wound management, joint conditions (including arthritis), soft-tissue injuries (including strains, sprains, tendonitis and tenosynovitis, capsulitis and bursitis) and chronic pain.

Wow that is quite impressive and the information you have just given us may help another grey!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

wonderful news!! don't leave lovely Kitchener out of your tour :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh Annie I'm so happy!!! I wanted to let you know that you can use the laser therapy at home too! My holistic vet years ago told me to get one of the (better) laser pointers and just run that back and forth and in circles concentrating over the area that needed it for 20 minutes at a time. Even though it was not as "strong" as the kind at her office it did actually help and she always encourages me to use it. She also does accupuncture which as you know is also highly effective. You can use it to stimulate the various accupuncture points also by shining it onto the various points! So you can give him a lot of the "good stuff" at home too. I'm just so happy. Give Canyon a kiss for me! :wub:

Where might one procure a "good" laser pointer to use at home? I don't think we have any kind of laser therapy available anywhere here in the area so that'd be the next best thing I suppose...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest vahoundlover
We have reached the next level of wellbeing........... Canyon just "knitted" my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:lol:lol

Good boy!!!! :dogcookie:lol:lol

Oh Annie I'm so happy!!! I wanted to let you know that you can use the laser therapy at home too! My holistic vet years ago told me to get one of the (better) laser pointers and just run that back and forth and in circles concentrating over the area that needed it for 20 minutes at a time. Even though it was not as "strong" as the kind at her office it did actually help and she always encourages me to use it. She also does accupuncture which as you know is also highly effective. You can use it to stimulate the various accupuncture points also by shining it onto the various points! So you can give him a lot of the "good stuff" at home too. I'm just so happy. Give Canyon a kiss for me! :wub:

Where might one procure a "good" laser pointer to use at home? I don't think we have any kind of laser therapy available anywhere here in the area so that'd be the next best thing I suppose...

My holistic vet Dr. Boswell- who has a special gift for healing- said you can use the kind you get at an office supply store. I got the best one they had because I wanted it to be the strongest I could obtain. It was ~$30.00. Private people are not allowed to buy the ones as strong as the drs. use. Anyway it does work-especially good for muscle/orthopedic issues. You can also use it to stimulate the accupuncture points. Just shine it on the appropriate point for about a minute if that. When you shine the red laser light on the dogs you can actually see the "light" going deep inside underneath their skin. She initially had me use it for 20 minutes twice a day. You just paint the area with the red light continuously for around 20 minutes.

GOOD MORNING CANYON!!!!!!!!!!! I see that you are roaching-beautifully, and knitting people! Therefore I know that the first post surgery smile that I've been bugging you about can't be far behind! Just don't forget that your KY connections are ANXIOUSLY awaiting that world class smile from their favorite smiler!

You make my heart dance! :flip Love ya! :inlove

PS-Who do you think will win the Kentucky Derby? :whisper I will place a bet for you in celebration of your blessed recovery.

Guest Annie

I received a reply from Winslowsmom regarding the laser she is using. She purchased it from www.spectravet.com and it is model SV3X.

Winslowsmom wrote: "Since the company was here in Virginia, they offered to come up and be sure I knew how to use it. It's very easy. This unit is smaller than the one that was used on him at the vets office, but it does a good job, just takes a little longer, but he doesn't mind. I've also used it on me and I swear by it.

Be sure and tell them you are using it on a greyhound, not a horse. I think they had to calibrate mine for that."

I am certainly going to look into it! Canyon is doing exceptionally well! We went on 4 short walks yesterday!

Oh, and we've hit another milestone... 1) first roach 2) first body shake 3) nipping my butt 4) barking hysterically while I put on his harness for a walk! :lol:lol:lol

Guest Vinnie

:wub: :wub: :lol :lol

Such a wonderful update and I can so see him doing this to you! Hugs and scritches to you and your gang. Woohoo Canyon!

:lol All of this "LASER" talk has me thinking of Austin Powers when Dr. Evil is talking about the laser and keeps using air quotes :lol

Butt nitting and dancing are all good signs.

Thanks for the laser info. My kids are all getting older and I'm sure it could help any joint issues we may have.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--