Please, Keep Misty In Your Prayers

Guest KyGrey

Oh Claudia, I don't know anything about Cushings other than what you have explained to me. I am holding Misty in my thoughts and prayers. I worry about the weight loss but I like to think the vet has it in her best interest on treatment.

Sending hugs, prayers and calming thoughts out to California.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytbookert

Sending many good thoughts Misty's way!

I, unfortunately, know how hard it is to watch them lose weight and how it hurts your heart.

Misty, you are in my prayers. Please get better, beautiful girl!!

:hope :hope :hope

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Oh, poor Misty. Sending lots of good thoughts your way! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Claudia, Misty will give you the answer to your question. When she's had enough she'll tell you. In the meantime stay positive and keep feeding her the way you've been doing. Maybe now that the cortisol level is stable, then her weight will stablize also.

We're sending prayers

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Oh boy, Claudia! What a sad bit of business! I agree with AngelWhispers: you'll know. But hopefully not soon! If her appetite is still good, which is great, then she's still enjoying life some, right? You are all in my thoughts! Hugs to you all!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest ChancesMom
Claudia, Misty will give you the answer to your question. When she's had enough she'll tell you. In the meantime stay positive and keep feeding her the way you've been doing. Maybe now that the cortisol level is stable, then her weight will stablize also.

Claudia, Denise is right. Misty will let you know. I wish she could come here. I seem to have no problem fattening them up. Continued prayers are coming your way with lots of hugs. If you need to talk, just give me a call.

This is from Misty's furebber :wub::kiss2 :kiss2 :f_red:cookie :cookie :cookie

Oh boy, Claudia! What a sad bit of business! I agree with AngelWhispers: you'll know. But hopefully not soon! If her appetite is still good, which is great, then she's still enjoying life some, right? You are all in my thoughts! Hugs to you all!

Her appetite is still good Xan, that's why I don't get the weight loss. I hope to God you and Denise are right in that I'll know

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

sending good thoughts and prayers for Misty!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest HersheysMom

Her appetite is still good Xan, that's why I don't get the weight loss. I hope to God you and Denise are right in that I'll know

I'm so sorry Claudia. I think when the weight loss gets to a point where it's robbing her of all of her energy - if she seems weak and tired because of it - then it's time. You will be able to see this, try not to worry. I'm so sorry - I love Misty so much :cry1

I'm so sorry Claudia. I think when the weight loss gets to a point where it's robbing her of all of her energy - if she seems weak and tired because of it - then it's time. You will be able to see this, try not to worry. I'm so sorry - I love Misty so much :cry1

Carolyn, thank you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh Claudia...Sending my many prayers for Miss Misty. Kiss her for me. :grouphug Misty...gain some weight sweetie girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greydogluvr

Claudia I am so sorry. Cushings is so awful. It sounds like the worst is about over. I am wondering if cutting the dosage sooner than that may be an option. :dunno Maybe she would get some of her appetite back. I do not know much about the meds she is taking, but this may be an option since she is about where you want her to be. Is she having any other symptons besides the weight loss?

ETA Just read that she is eating. Is the weight loss a side effect of the meds?.

Edited by greydogluvr