Please, Keep Misty In Your Prayers

Sending lots of good, fattening prayers for Misty! :dogcookie I so hope you can get this figured out. It's really rough to have this going on and not know why. :bighug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry she's lost so much weight. :(

Assuming she's getting an adequate number of calories .... My first reaction (without remembering all the details of her tests) would be to stop the thyroid meds. But, might want to review both conditions and test results with your doc. We know that other illnesses can cause funky thyroid results that don't present a true picture of the dog's thyroid status. Believe the adrenal disorders are the same way -- if dog has another illness, you can get some false positives/negatives on those tests.

It's pretty rare for a dog to have two endocrine disorders at one time -- low single digits, percentagewise, I believe. Not impossible, but worth ongoing review if you're still having weird symptoms (or weird symptoms-not-going-away).

Hope you can get to the bottom of things!

You are right, adrenal disorders are the same. You said this awhile back, questioning a true low thyroid with the Cushings, my vet told me that you were absolutely correct.(NOT that I was surprised ;) )

My vet isin't back until Monday, but I will be calling first thing in the am and telling him I want to wean off the Soloxine and see if it makes a difference because she is getting way more calories than she needs.

I would love to stop the Soloxine now, but I'm sure how to wean them off

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Technically, you don't have to wean down Soloxine -- you can just stop cold turkey. But, in the context of all her tests and complexities, you and your vet might have thoughts about just giving her a much lower dose and seeing if that helps any of her symptoms.

Got all my fingers crossed for your pretty girl. At least, she is EATING!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glad to hear beautiful girl Misty is eating better....continued prayers for pretty girl

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest Vinnie

Adding our prayers and chants for beautiful Misty - hoping she surprises you all and puts on some extra weight (Misty, you do know where the ankle weights are, right? ;) ) Hope she continues to eat well and enjoy herself. Hugs and scritches.

Sending more prayers for Misty. When Flashy had to be weaned off his Soloxine for his 6 week waiting period...Dr. Couto gave me a weaning down schedule. Kiss Misty for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest HoustonGreys
Oh Claudia, I hope you know by now that you and Misty are ALWAYS in my prayers! With everything she's eating I can't imagine what's making her lose weight and pray the vet has a resolution to that. I know her thyroid was checked awhile ago but do you think it might be off? I'm just trying to think of ANYTHING that might help.

:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle:candle:hope:hope:hope:grouphug

Her last post pill thyroid check was right on, but I guess it's possible. We will weigh her in 2 weeks but if she's still losing, we're done. Jackie,Misty has been through quite enough. Now we have the Cushings pretty much under control and then this.

Oh Claudia! :brokenheart I am so going to pray extra hard that after fighting so long (both of you) that this weight problem will resolve before her next check. I certainly understand not wanting her to suffer in ANY way. Misty is blessed to have you as her Mom with your medical skills and determination. Take care of yourself too, my friend. I hope you aren't losing weight because YOU can't afford it either! :hope

I'm starting to wean Misty off the Soloxine today so hopefully this is what's causing the weight loss.

Wish us luck!!

And thank you everyone for your support

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Sending lots more hugs and prayers, that this is going to put some weight back on her. :grouphug:grouphug:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

This just HAS to work! Keeping all appendages crossed!

At least she's eating! If she wasn't eating, then I would suspect that she has lost the zest, but SHE IS EATING! Prayers as always for the stunning Misty! :candle:hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Checking in on Miss Misty! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Claudia, sending more hugs, prayers, & kisses for you & Misty. :grouphug:hope:kiss2:kiss2:hope:grouphug

Thank you guys! She's having a rough morning this morning. I noticed a little after midnight she got up and went out and was limping and was limping this morning. I gave her a Tramadol a few hours ago. She's still wining for treats though :)

She's hoping ArchE has good disability benefits :rolleyes:

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Sending lots more prayers, positive thoughts with lots of hugs and kisses!!!!!!! :kiss2:kiss2:grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Claudia, I just wanted you to know that even though I don't check in here often, I do think of you and Misty often. At least she's eating.

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

How's Misty doing this afternoon? Still whining for treats, I hope!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead