Please, Keep Misty In Your Prayers

Claudia I am so sorry. Cushings is so awful. It sounds like the worst is about over. I am wondering if cutting the dosage sooner than that may be an option. :dunno Maybe she would get some of her appetite back. I do not know much about the meds she is taking, but this may be an option since she is about where you want her to be. Is she having any other symptons besides the weight loss?

ETA Just read that she is eating. Is the weight loss a side effect of the meds?.

That's the first thing I asked Lora, can we cut back on the drug because I have been anxious to get it cut back. But, not an option and he said we may never be able to cut back. Next test should reveal more about that.

Most Cushings dogs, not all but most gain weight. As for it being a side effect of the drug, that's difficult to say because it's a human anti-cancer drug so the studies are with humans, not animals.

The more I think about it all, I'm not afraid of not knowing it's time, I'm more afraid of mis-reading the signs. Make sense? Misty's a tough to read

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vet just called. He said he's concerned about the weight loss but not worried yet. The Lysodren would not cause weight loss and he said several of his Cushing's dogs have lost weight once they start to stabilize,which doesn't make sense to me in Misty's case however we will need to weigh Misty in 2 weeks and if she's lost anymore then he said there's something else going on that's causing it.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Claudia this must be taking such a toll. I know how much of a worry it is just to watch and wonder. I know nothing about Cushing's either so I have no advice about that, but I do know about knowing. You know your girl best and you will know when she's had enough; when Misty is just not Misty anymore. However, we are all praying that it will be along time before that time comes. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

You know the two of you are in my prayers. It's such a hard road to travel. :(

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh Misty, I'm glad you're eating, but you need to gain some weight too.

:goodluck and :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Always in my thoughts, forever in my prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug:candle:candle:hope:candle:candle:grouphug

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest KRKWMU

Alright, Claudia, you tell that girl of yours to stop scaring all of us and get some weight on those hips! :lol If I have to sneak some lard or something crazy in those banana & oatmeal treats, I will! :P

We'll be thinking about you guys. I really hope things get better. :goodluck

Sending love and good thoughts :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest CyndiW

Glad to hear she is eating so well but yeah, it just doesn't add up why she is losing so much weight. Many thoughts and prayers coming her way (and yours too). Please give her a big kiss and hug from my boys (and me too)! Misty, you start putting on some weight for your mommy!

Oh Claudia! I'm so sorry! I was so hoping that she would have a really good test result. We're all thinking about you and your girl here and sending lots of white light and healing thoughts!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest HoustonGreys

Oh Claudia, I hope you know by now that you and Misty are ALWAYS in my prayers! With everything she's eating I can't imagine what's making her lose weight and pray the vet has a resolution to that. I know her thyroid was checked awhile ago but do you think it might be off? I'm just trying to think of ANYTHING that might help.

:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle:candle:hope:hope:hope:grouphug

Oh Claudia, I hope you know by now that you and Misty are ALWAYS in my prayers! With everything she's eating I can't imagine what's making her lose weight and pray the vet has a resolution to that. I know her thyroid was checked awhile ago but do you think it might be off? I'm just trying to think of ANYTHING that might help.

:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle:candle:hope:hope:hope:grouphug

Her last post pill thyroid check was right on, but I guess it's possible. We will weigh her in 2 weeks but if she's still losing, we're done. Jackie,Misty has been through quite enough. Now we have the Cushings pretty much under control and then this.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I say a little prayer for Misty each time I see her photo - which is often! Such a gorgeous girl. Knowing nothing about Cushings other than reading Misty's story, I can only continue to pray. Please don't lose any more weight, sweet Misty!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead