Please, Keep Misty In Your Prayers

My vet called me early this morning with Misty's ACTH results. The good news is that her Cortisol level is just about right where it needs to be. He wants to continue with the 5 days on Lysodren for another 4 weeks and re-test again to see if we'll be able to lower her dosage. We may or may not be able to.

But, what really has me worried is she has lost another 5 pounds in 4 weeks. This is not good. Her weight when we initially tested for Cushings was 58 lbs and she is now down to 46 lbs.

Something is really not right.

There's so much going on here in H&M but if you can any extra prayers, we should would appreciate it.

How long do I let this go on? I always thought I would have that answer but now I'm not so sure

Thank you!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely, lots of prayers and good thoughts. Pretty Misty, keep the weight on for your mama. If you are not sure how, come and observe me, I seem to have no problem at all keeping weight on. Stop making like the Palm Springs ladies with their sexy walks, amble, it burns fewer calories. Better yet, find a lounge chair and lounge. That burns no calories at all!!

Oh, Claudia, 46 pounds. I'll keep you and your sweet girl in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest UnrulyHounds

Sweet Misty!!! Do we need to send a box of fattning goodies to you??

Sweetheart please eat more! :hope

Holly, Mistys' Texas Momma

Holding Misty in my prayers and sending :chow thoughts her way. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:hope

I always have extra prayers!! What did you vet say about the weight loss?

When I talked to him Hilda, I don't think he realized that another 5 pounds is gone, so naturally I have a call back into him. All he said was if she gets any lighter we start to worry.

I can't help wondering just how long do I let this go on? She has a big appetite and I'm feeding her something every 2 hours

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

:candle

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

:hope

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh my gosh! Sending tons of prayers for Misty... :candle:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest ss556

Oh no Claudia, I'm so sorry to read this! Please Misty, feel better. Sending our prayers and keeping our fingers and paws crossed here.

Sending tons of healing thoughts and prayers to you and Misty.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.