Polli

RobinM

Guest IrskasMom

I was thinking about you Robin and your Crew?? Well I am delighted to hear about Beau and lets just be hopeful and

positive about Polli . She is one tough Girl . For all of you :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good girl, Polli :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Hoping she's feeling better this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She ate her zukes this morning. She was definitely better but still "something" going on back there. We gave her 100mg of tramadol and will give another 50 mg of deramaxx this evening.

Wondering if it's LS and if so, wondering if the shot will help her.

Asking Teddy and Beau's acupunturist about her later tonight as well.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

You just can't seem to get a break, Robin. :( With what I've gone through with Buddy in the past few weeks, I often wonder how you manage to hold on to your sanity with TWO pups who have problems. I really admire you. :bow2

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest myjazzy
Wondering if it's LS and if so, wondering if the shot will help her.

Asking Teddy and Beau's acupunturist about her later tonight as well.

That's what I'm thinking. Rear-end weakness seems to be common in older greyhounds, and since the amp, having to shift her weight bearing, may be aggravating it. I think talking to an accupuncturist is a great idea. Also, maybe physical therapy, like swimming might help her.

Hoping Ms. Polli gets back to her spunky, perky self really soon. :grouphug

Holding your sweet Polli in my prayers. :hope Glad to hear that the meds are working. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Email from my vet ( I love this woman).

Hi Robin,

Glad Polli had a restful night.

Regarding acupuncture, I think it best to consult with Dr. Geltman.

He's the expert.....

As of her last xrays and treatment, there was no evidence of any

spread of the LS. It is very unusual for it to met to the spine,

usually lungs first. We can certainly re-xray her if it would make

you more comfortable, but I think she has deficits because of her

altered mechanics and, like an arthritic, will have bouts of pain

that need to be managed. There are really no shots that will help

prevent this. You can give cortisone injections to relieve the

discomfort when she is feeling poorly, but I really hate that drug in

greys unless we have exhausted other options.

For now, keep her on the Deramaxx. You can use it periodically when

you see signs of discomfort. If this is not cutting it, we'll re-

evaluate.

Hope you have a few restful days with "the kids"

Talk to you soon.

I will talk to acupuncturist tonight when we take Teddy and Beau

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

geez Robin! You can't catch a break :( :( :(

sending many prayers to Polli and to you! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Sending my many prayers for your whole family Robin. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.