Penny Is In Icu (coming Home Wednesday Pm)

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tobinhr

I am praying for you and Penny. Please now that when the time comes, Mac and Gumby and many others will be there to guide her.

Love from Iowa..

Jan

More prayers for a recovery for Penny. Come on sweety, please pull through.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Sending more prayers this morning. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

DH and I spent the day with her. She lays there and sleeps off

and on. She doesn't have a temp anymore. She is drinking water

and goes outside to pee. She is so thin. I am having a really tough

time with this. The prognosis is a couple weeks, but I can't see letting

her go on like this that long. I want her to come home one last time,

but I don't know if that's for her or because that's what I want.

She is being syringe fed every four hours, but it's not nearly enough

to sustain her.

If there is anyone who has gone thru this - having an opportunity

(possibly) to take their grey home for a short while, would you

do it over again? Would you do the syringe feeding, or would you

just say enough? All along I've just wanted her to be comfortable

and pain free. My DH doesn't think she's in pain but the lymph

nodes are still swollen, even though she's gotten steroids...

I don't want to make this into a poll, but I need feedback from those

who've been there because I am all emotion at this point. I know I'll

get thru this, but right now my grief is unbearable- and she's still

alive. How will it be once she's gone? Maybe I'll have peace knowing

she's at peace. Sorry for the rambling.

2wck1zc.jpg

Had to make this choice 11 years ago with Bud. I chose to bring him home and never ever regreted that decision. He was able to spend his last day in his favorite chair, laying in the sun which he loved.At the time I beileved I did it for him but did question myself many many times. Bud was and always will be my true soulmate and I owed it to him to give him that last gesture of love and respect. Whatever you decide to do will be out for love for your girl. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest HersheysMom

:grouphug

I really think that as long as you can be with her when she passes, it doesn't matter if you are in the hospital or at home. If you feel it would be uncomfortable for her to have her moved back home, you may want to take that into consideration.

I probably would continue the syringe feeding because the more nourishment she gets the less weak and the better she will feel. I did syringe feed Hershey for about two days toward the end - in his case it was in the hopes it would kick start his appetite. But by syringe feeding you are still helping her as much as you can.

As long as you are there for her - at home or at the hospital, there is no wrong decision. I'm so very sorry about Penny.

If it were me....I would bring her home. Also...you never know...maybe by bringing her home...she will have a turn around and improve to the point where you will have more quality time with your baby girl. My babes are always VERY depressed in a clinical setting. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Foxy was at home when I knew it was likely she would leave us very soon. It was a holiday Monday, and although I knew this was it, I did not want her last minutes to be at an evet with people I didn't know. I was comfortable with the fact that it was likely she could die at home. I talked to the vets and they all agreed that as long as we were okay with that and she wasn't in pain she would stay home. We had two wonderful days together, just snuggling but by the end of the second day I knew i couldn't ask her to stay. We were able to take her in to her own vet who loved her too. Her passing was calm and quiet surrounded by people she loved and who loved her.

I treasure those last hours at home and would do it again in a heart beat.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

No advice, but all of you have been on my mind all day. :grouphug Trust your gut...you and your husband know Penny the best and love her so much. She knows that. Take care of yourself.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet Penny.

I think you have to think about Penny and determine what would be the best thing for her. It is such a horrible decision to have to make. I've had to say good bye to 5 of my beloved dogs and it is never easy, no matter what the circumstances.

As Carolyn said, it really doesn't matter where you say goodbye, as long as you are with her when the time comes.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Carla

this is so sad :cry1 I would take her home to be with you, give her what you can at home, maybe she will eat better at home?

This is so tragic my heart is breaking for you,

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest trevdog

Oh wow, that's super to hear! I think she may need to be at home.....you are doing it for both of you.....home may be what she needs now....

I had another very lengthy answer posted and then deleted it when I saw the good news! I'm so glad she will be going home! Home is where her heart is, I am sure!

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead