Penny Is In Icu (coming Home Wednesday Pm)

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Home is where she is most comfy...and she should be with you both.

When my giant baby cat Bubba got liver cancer at the age of 8, we brought him home and spoiled him silly for a few months. I am still amazed he lasted as long as he did. He was happy until the very end, even though he didn't feel good.

I wouldn't trade that time I got with him for the world.

My prayers are with you :grouphug

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just talked to the doctor. She ate a whole McDonald's cheeseburger this

afternoon (hand fed, of course)!

Penny is coming home tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon!!!

Well how cool is that!!!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I haven't posted before, but have been following along with everyone, hoping for the best for Penny!

My Best Friend went thru a similar experience with trying to decide about bringing home her very, very sick Grey. so they could spend their last days together. Her little girl was, like Penny, extremely underweight after being in the vet. hospital for a long time. Anyway,, Her girl came home, and with the love and attention from Mom, she lived several weeks, pain free ! ... She Flourished with the extra attention and love, and of course hand feedings every 2 hours!!! :)

My BF said it was the best time they had together! That she wouldn't change it for a minute (except of course to have a miracle cure).

Just remember to take care of yourself too! It was clear to me, watching my friend, that she cared for her girl, to the extreme, and neglected her own health and family.

I'm glad you are going to have your girl home with you! I wish you peace and happiness with Penny for the time that you have left,, days,, or weeks! :grouphug

edited for spelling

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm so glad she ate a burger and that she's coming home!! That's great!

As others have said, home may be the very thing that she needs.

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I went through this with an old Dobe-mix. I couldn't get her to eat after bringing her home and we had to let her go approx. 5 days after bringing her home. It was very frustrating trying to get her to eat. Also, she didn't act like the same dog that went to the hospital. Personally, we didn't get much out of those days at home except the comfort of knowing we tried everything.

Guest BradyzMommy

Once we knew that Brady's health was not going to improve we made the horriblly difficult decision to set him free from his pain. But we decide to give him another 24 hours to see if the latest round of fluids would make a difference. Unfortunately, Brady's body had just had enough. We made it to the hospital just in time to say our goodbyes.

We would have given anything to bring him home and let him enjoy his bed and his sisters once again, but it just wasnt meant to be.....

Deciding to let them go is one of the hardest decisions that has to be made. Bring your girlie home and cherish the time that you do have together.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Hope tonight goes quickly so your lovely girl can come home to you.......

With everything familiar found her she will feel happier. You're in our thoughts.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Good! I am so happy Miss Penny is coming home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so happy to hear that she munched on a cheesburger and will be home with you tomorrow. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. And DO take care of you too. Let me know if you need anything, I'm right down the street.:grouphug

Edited by SoulsMom

If it were me....I would bring her home. Also...you never know...maybe by bringing her home...she will have a turn around and improve to the point where you will have more quality time with your baby girl. My babes are always VERY depressed in a clinical setting. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Miracles do happen and I am praying for one for you and Penny.

Hugs to you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

If Penny can home home and eat some McDonalds for you, that would be wonderful. I lost my precious Nick when he was at the emergency vet, and I wasn't with him, and it haunts me still. What I wouldn't give to have been there for his last moments. Bring her home and spoil her and take it day by day or moment by moment. She lives in the present, and is happiest just being with you. I'm so sorry that your time together is drawing to an end.

Please let us know how she is doing, and how you are doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest longdogs

It is really tough for you. I really believe it is much better for her to be home with you in familiar surroundings. Let her end be with you, and don't leave it too long. There is no benefit in prolonging things. We took real comfort from William being where he wanted to be, with his friends around him. I can't advise you as to how to deal with 'after' as I wasn't too good at it myself.

I have not been in that position but I am pretty sure I would bring her home if it were me. If she was only given a day or two than I would likely leave her there but Penny has been given about 2 weeks. So, because of that, I would take her home so that her final days will be in the true comfort of her home. She will be more relaxed and comfortable. And when that day comes....I would ask the vet to come to the house if possible so that she doesn't have to move again. I would also continue syringing her so that she feels a bit better and her tummy isn't rumbling away. Pamper her as much as you can... My thoughts are with you... :cry1:grouphug :grouphug

ETA: I just noticed your post about her coming home tomorrow and that she ate a hamburger. :yay So glad she is coming home. :) It is best for the both of you and definitely do not doubt your decision. :grouphug

Edited by meakah