The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

Guest hunteracademy

Hey Trudy,

I don't know if you or Jeff ever found a weather radar, but I just did. Weatherbug.com includes Kodiak. It is small, but it's there.

Hey Trudy,

I don't know if you or Jeff ever found a weather radar, but I just did. Weatherbug.com includes Kodiak. It is small, but it's there.

Hey Trudy,

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's official. After 2 hours and lots of money at the DMV....

IMG_4306.jpg

How appropriate. I bet you'd like to flee Kodiak at 104mph. :lol

And I have a very very sweet husband :blush

Oooooooh, what'd he do, what'd he do?

You should be able to tell us. I guess if it's long-distance it *could* be x-rated, but we're all adults here ....

:lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So it's official. After 2 hours and lots of money at the DMV....

IMG_4306.jpg

How appropriate. I bet you'd like to flee Kodiak at 104mph. :lol

:lol:lol:lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

The latest update for the helo crash Thursday night. One crewmember is still missing.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbc...ING01/309050013

Very Sad!!!!! :sad1

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Trudy -

I don't know if you like mysteries but I am reading a series of very enjoyable ones set in Alaska. The author is Sue Henry and the one I'm working on is "Death Takes a Passage", set on a cruise ship on the Inside Passage.

I :lol :lol last night when I read this:

"Alaska is held together with it. You aren't issued a resident's permit until you can prove you have your own roll of duct tape and know at least 50 ways to use it".

The novels are an easy read and have lots of interesting trivia and facts about Alaska. The one I am currently reading as well as several others in the series are *gasp* available at the Kodiak Public Library. ;):)

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Dogs thought it was great! They are pretty good with "leave it" and I never actually had to yell "drop it" so that was good :lol

Jet tried her best to pee on them all! There was just way too many of them for her to get even close to all of them though :lol :lol g10.gif

Why does Jeff need etiquette lessons? :unsure:

(I don't know why but the thought of it is making me do a big snigger)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

sounds like this one, it's a mandatory you can't get out of it unless you're retiring course.

Subj: CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER INDOCTRINATION COURSE

Ref: (a) Personnel Manual, COMDTINST M1000.6A

1. PURPOSE. To establish policy and procedures for attending the Chief Warrant Officer

2. ACTION. Area and district commanders, commanders maintenance and logistics

commands, commanding officers of Headquarters units, Commandant (G-A, G-H, G-L, G-

M, G-O, G-S, and G-W) and special staff offices at Headquarters shall ensure compliance

with the provisions of this directive.

3. DIRECTIVES AFFECTED. None.

4. DISCUSSION.

a. The Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) Indoctrination Course is a 26-day program to

prepare all newly commissioned CWOs for their transition into the officer

community. The course is held at the Navy's Limited Duty Officer, CWO School at

Naval Aviation Schools Command, Pensacola, Florida.

b. The successful transition to CWO depends on both individual effort and the Coast

Guard's ability to prepare the member for a new leadership role as a commissioned

officer.

c. Both Navy and Coast Guard personnel provide instruction. A general course outline

follows.

Topic General Description

Military Organization Service etiquette, sword manual,

military drill, uniforms and personnel

inspections.

Military Law NJP, courts-martial, investigations and

Code of Conduct.

Written Communications Intense refresher in English grammar

and written exercises.

Oral Communications Speech preparation and nonverbal

communication.

Administration Officer and enlisted records,

performance evaluations, directives,

correspondence, classified materials,

promotions, pay and allowances and

survivor benefits.

Division Officer Policy statements, responsibilities,

special trust and confidence, drug

and alcohol abuse awareness, career

management, customs and courtesies

and damage control.

Organization and Defense National security, Navy and Coast

Guard organization and U.S.

defense strategies.

Physical Readiness Physical conditioning program.

POLICY AND PROCEDURES.

a. The CWO Indoctrination Course is mandatory for all CWOs appointed on or after 1

June 1994.

b. The CWO Indoctrination Course prepares the individual for the transition to the

officer community. Members shall attend the course within one year of

appointment. Waivers to the course are not granted unless the member has an

approved retirement request on file with an effective date within one year of

appointment to CWO. Graduation from the Chief Petty Officer's Academy is not a

substitute for the CWO Indoctrination Course.

Edited by kronckew

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest PhillyPups

So Trudy, honestly, what with the wet weather, a dead salmon filled beach, no good malls nearby and limited shopping, the wonderful roads, no chocolate making :weep , Jeff having been to beautiful Hawaii and Japan without you and least of all, the GT crash, how the HE77 are things in Kodiak and are you enjoying your retirement status???

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest greytexplorer

Wow that's a lot of material to cover, in less than 26 days?

I wish for you that it WAS in Pensacola NAS. You'd probably like the panhandle. I would love to retire in Mary Esther FL, not far from Ft Walton Beach and Eglin AFB.

Where is school and for how long?

Pretty little chinese fishing boat that tried to play a game of hide and seek with the USCGC Munro

IMG_2591.jpg

From the Captain:

Yesterday afternoon, while on patrol, the lookout sighted a somewhat unusual looking fishing boat, sitting still. It was hard to see at first due to the rain, fog, and approaching sunset. As we closed to get a closer look, the vessel started their engines and took off. Silly people - they don't know our engineers and the shape of our engines. We followed them for hours as they tried to outrun us, maneuvering through the fishing fleet in an effort to shake us, even extinguishing their lights (that doesn't work with all the technology we have), and coming at us. We launched our small boat with [removed] serving as point man in attempt to get the vessel to stop, communicate, and verify what appeared to be all the indications we could see of a vessel outfitted for high seas drift net fishing. The master of the vessel finally realized they weren't going to get away and stopped his vessel. After countless hurdles including plenty of expensive phone calls to Juneau and Beijing, we conducted a Cooperative Boarding with our FLEC ship rider that lasted until well after the sun was up. With clear violations of the United Nations moratorium against high seas drift net fishing, we received word this afternoon to support our FLEC ship rider who seized the vessel on behalf of the Government of China. We are now in the process of coordinating where we'll rendezvous with a Chinese FLEC vessel to turn the vessel over with our people remaining on the vessel as a custody crew in support of the People's Republic of China.

Good job USCGC Munro and her crew!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

So Trudy, honestly, what with the wet weather, a dead salmon filled beach, no good malls nearby and limited shopping, the wonderful roads, no chocolate making :weep , Jeff having been to beautiful Hawaii and Japan without you and least of all, the GT crash, how the HE77 are things in Kodiak and are you enjoying your retirement status???

I had Jet before I had a fenced yard and we walked at least 3x a day, regardless of weather. We aren't thrilled with walking in heavy rain, but we do it now and then. I try not to let more than a day go by where they don't get a walk, even if it is just a quick one due to really heavy rains.

Chocolate - I've done about 15 pounds of chocolates in the last few days and by the time I'm done later this week, will have gone through about 25 pounds of it.

I also seem to have earned "baker" for our Tuesday night gatherings here - fine by me :) I love to bake, but I don't love to eat it all. I was sent home with 2 recipes suggestions for next week :lol

Jeff hasn't been to Hawaii since he was stationed there years ago - before I knew him. This patrol has only been S Korea and Japan so far. Hawaii isn't in the plans for this patrol. I have the option of trying to meet the boat, but as they can't plan on boat seizures, they can't make promises to stick to their initial port call schedule, so I didn't find it worth it to try to meet him in Japan for only a couple of days and have a good chance of him actually not being there when I was.

Retirement? Somebody should tell my boss I'm retired. I still have my job from/in NY. My project won't end until maybe late this year.

Until the salmon issue is umm, not an issue, we'll find some short/easy trails that Ryan can do - which limits us severely, so we'll probably just stick to the dumpster walk for Ryan and then a longer solo walk with Jet later in the day.

GT crash - I killed it Sunday night, checked on it Monday morning and went about my normal morning routine. It was fixed when I came back to it. I normally check GT at some point in the morning to see if anything needs attention then go about my normal stuff. I have a life outside of GT (really, I do!). I work at home, so when I am doing work, I can check GT often - who's going to yell at me :lol I charge active work time

Online window shopping isn't exactly the same, but it works :)

• 2 weeks later...
Not 26 days and not in FL.

3 weeks for those whi have not attended the Chiefs Academy, and 2 weeks for those who have like me ;)

Hey Sailor! What are you doing later? ;):rofl :rofl

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****