The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

i'm having difficulty imagining kodiak with a traffic hotspot that requires a light. but then again, that's kodiak.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bev... in those boxes are the wonderful, devilishly good Girl Scout Cookies. Sold once a year... evil little girls (I was one of those evil little girls :lol).

You should ask for one in a Secret Santa package... if anybody has any left, because it isn't like there's going to be any left from the boat :lol

so here is some picture evidence as to why it is important to make food requests at foreign ports in weights...

They requested X bunches of bananas. They got X bunches of bananas

BabyBananas.jpg

Not so sure one of these bananas will qualify as a serving size for fruit...

BabyBanana.jpg

Oh I seee - cookies :D Right, well, as you know, it's heading towards September and then it will be October and you know what that means don't youuuuuuuuuuuu :couchjump:lol So, whoever gets me as their SS to send to, can I please have a cookie if you have one available. Thank youuuuuuuuu :lol

And those bananas :huh:rofl

Not sure if I posted this pic....

Kodiak Ice Cream truck thing

IMG_5432.jpg

:blink::lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greytexplorer

Dividend checks to be distributed early in Alaska

Published: 8/19/08, 8:25 AM EDT

By STEVE QUINN

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - Here are two reasons to smile if you live in Alaska: Your annual oil royalty dividend will likely be bigger than ever and the checks will go out earlier than ever before.

Nearly every man, woman and child received $1,654 each in last year's distribution. This year's payout is expected to be higher, but it hasn't been calculated yet.

But added to this year's check will be an extra $1,200 from the state's oil-rich treasury to help offset high energy prices, a factor driving the early distribution.

The dividend checks are derived from the state's oil royalty investment program and distributed each year to eligible residents - just for living here for a full calendar year.

:eek :eek :eek

eta---WOW

Edited by greytexplorer

Guest embarkguru

Trudy,

Do they have those programs there that you can pay a set amount each month for your oil?

Edited by embarkguru

I'm sure they do, but even with that, oil has gone up a lot since last winter, so the budgets they are on will need to be redone the same as many are facing in the lower 48. I just pay when they fill up the tanks

Guest IrskasMom

Does that mean Trudy ,you are left out ......because you have to live there for a whole Year in Order to Qualify ????

You almost have to have Heat on Year Round in Alaska ??? I am sure it cools off considerably at Night ?? Never thought

of that.

Takes a year to be considered a resident and then another year before you can apply for the dividends. You have to intend to stay in Alaska or at least retire here if military. You cannot buy a house anywhere else, you are supposed to list Alaska as the top pics on your dream sheet.

The dividends are for true alaskan residents, not those of us just floating through.

And if you claim and don't retire here and get caught, you get in a boat load of trouble and have to pay it all back.

I will not be claiming the dividend unless we actually do decide to retire in Juneau or Anchorage (those are the only places we'll consider in AK)

Their is always strict rules that they don't always print, and everybody thinks it looks so good, it is but the rules have to be followed. :blink:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

It's here, It's here!!!

IMG_4255.jpg

Ok, now who is going to help me build this darn thing??

So much for door to door delivery, I gave up and picked it up myself. It made it to the island on Tuesday. They called Wed morning to let me know I could pick it up, they'd call back in the afternoon to schedule delivery (I called back and said I needed it delivered as I can't get 500 pounds off the truck in 2 boxes). They didnt' call back. So I called again this morning and they wouldn't be able to deliver until MAYBE tomorrow since they were short handed and working through a backlog.

So I said I'll just come in and get it then and just open the boxes and take it out piece by piece.

Not supposed to rain today, so I better get my butt out there!

Oh yeah, arrange the delivery on my own... $360.

Another place I looked that would actually deliver it to Alaska... $900.

Ohboyohboyohboy!

Hope the assembly goes relatively smoothly!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Look! It's a garage! :lol

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I call this progress...

everything unloaded from the boxes and sorted

and the floor put together and laid down

IMG_4256.jpg

and about 90 mins and lots of cursing later

IMG_4258.jpg

The walls snap into the floor, but only if you have a block of wood under each junction. Not a problem on the left side. HUGE problem on the right side

Now to head back out there again and see how much more I can do on my own.

Good job Trudy!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Trudy, if I were there, I'd help. Since I'm not, I'll sit here and be awed at your abilities and determination :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest greytexplorer
Trudy, if I were there, I'd help. Since I'm not, I'll sit here and be awed at your abilities and determination :)

Me, too! :colgate:clap

I put a unit like that together last summer. Wait till you get to the roof! You are gonna have a HARD time with the sections closest to the house. The roof panels snap into the ridge beam - eventually. Use lots of soap as they suggest. You might want to talk to a neighbour for some help!

Good luck.

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

Edited by Robin

Again 'AMAZING' Trudy!!!!!! I know again a reason I don't let dh get on here, I don't want him to get any ideas! :lol:colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest IrskasMom

Isn't Jeff on the Munro and who took the Picture ?? I thought he was way out at Sea ??? :dunno:dunno:dunno

The Shed looks great . You are amazing :yay:yay:yay:yay