The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

Starting with some new pics :)

Took these this morning after I dropped Jeff off at the boat. Then I had to go home and clear off the memory card as it was full.

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

I took these at the same spot as above about 2 hours later.

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful scenery; excellent photographs. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest IrskasMom

Trudy , I followed your Trip out to Kodiak and now the stay in Kodiak ! Is Jeff gone now for close to 4 Month ?????

Very Impressive Picture's thou is the Ship " Munro " . We , I should say I am still fascinated with your Experiences in

Alaska ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest greytloves

Wow. That could be an advertisement for the Coast Guard! Fantastic scenary, and to think Kodiak is not Nirvana!

Cool pics.

We're a long ways off but if you need stuff shipped from hereunder while Jeff is on the ship, just give a holler.

I figure when Jeff is there, you can console each other for the absence of stuff. :lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Beautiful pictures!

Stay safe Jeff. :standard :standard

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest bobandpolly

We have some friends who are moving to the Army base in Anchorage so we are planning next years vacation to AK. You have me more anxious for that trip.

Now that you are alone, do you kinda feel like a frontier wife? :P

Offer still stands - if you need anything in the lower 48, holler and I'll try to find it for you.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest Wpgkeith

If only the crap experience of the arrival wasn't so... it is beautiful... especially where there is little interference from humans... as you have said. Hopefully the 4 months flies by.

Happy thoughts being sent your way.

:candle

K

Great Pictures, as hard of time as it has been you live in a beautiful place. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest IrskasMom

I just talked to my Son's Girlfriend ,who's Girlfriend's Parents where stationed in Kodiak at the CoastGard Station for

15 Years . She the Girlfriend lived in Kodiak only for 8 Years and they loved it. I showed her the Pictures and she said , the

Girlfriend has similar Pictures of Ship and Coastline.

Well, I just found the missing closet doors. I killed a sponge cleaning one. And I only took one down. One more is in 2 pieces STUCK to the insulation. Another looks like it could be in ok condition once cleaned. The last one... I couldn't tell - seems like a small part is stuck to the insulation, but I think it is laying on top of the other half of the stuck door, so it may be ok too.

I really only wanted one for the front entry closet (others are from the bedrooms) right now, so I'll clean it again, get some kilz and then paint it and hang it. Maybe I'll even fix the dent :lol

From the rest of the house, I'm not surprised at the condition of the closet door, but really, how the heck do people manage to do this crap??

Guess I don't need to hitch a ride to Anchorage to go to Home Depot just yet now :lol

So the tenants took the closet doors off and stashed them in the attic or something?

Weird.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

So he's left to be trapped on that relatively small boat for four months...

...and somehow I'm thinking he's the lucky one!!!!

Beautiful pictures, I wish the experience was half as gorgeous as the scenery!

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest greytexplorer

Hugs to Jeff and Trudy!

Wow.

I was right. Alaska does resemble Iceland.

Trudy, please ask Jeff to take you to Iceland. It is a remarkable place. And probably a lot more "civilized".

Oddly enough, I found it be very romantic. And I've been to Hawaii, too!

What is on your itinerary, Trudy? Any travel plans? Family coming to visit you?

More hugs,

~Pat

It's raining again and it's real rain, not that drizzle crap that just puts the dirt in the air on my car.

I'm looking out the window and watching the roads potholes come back again :(

Guest simile

I think it pretty much always rains in Kodiak. Or snows. I have seen the sun when I've been there, though.

Oh, have you met anyone from the Unification Church yet?

IMG_3894.jpg

What's that red thing in the middle of the picture? Helicopter? I can't tell.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

so need some dunkin donuts coffee shipped up? what flavor?

None, neither of us drinks coffee, but thanks for the offer :)

What's that red thing in the middle of the picture? Helicopter? I can't tell.

yep - a dolphin (they are cg orange)

Had one flying around the neighborhood quite a bit yesterday (test flights after repair)

Oh, have you met anyone from the Unification Church yet?

How would I tell? Is it that obvious?