The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

Congratulations on the new restaurant and they are going to deliver too wow! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“It’s not going to look like Pizza Hut,” she said. “We are renovating the inside completely and scrubbing the kitchen, which is needed. They have to take out everything that looks like Pizza Hut.”

Nothing like knowing that every pizza you've eaten thus far has been filthy and unsanitary!!! :lol

I think most of the Japanese vessels are named with a Maru suffix.

Tell me I am not the only trekkie who immediately thought "Kobayashi Maru"

you aren't :lol :lol :lol

Glad you're getting some more dining options up there! I'm thinking I should open my shop up THERE! :D;)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:lol :lol :lol

Here he is:

a0f0fe44.jpg

;)

That was on the Spencer too.

My kind of man! :wub:

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest FullMetalFrank

Shed looks great! Looks like you are getting your dining room back. Now you have given me an idea, though, I wanna put my rollaway tool chest in my old dining room! It would be so handy... Plus free up some garage space, with me still unemployed my garage now has 4 rollaways in it...

Guest WhippetsOwnMe

That is amazing! Coasties rule!!! It's so beautiful there. Best wishes to you both from a proud Coastie wife :)

Guns, baby GUNS!! :hehe :hehe

Don't call it a gun, call it a weapon or a rifle. Drill Instructors get VERY upset if you call your weapon a gun, and it leads to lots of jogging around with your rifle held over your head singing a silly phrase about the difference between weapons and guns :lol (sorry- flashbacks to 1979 army basic training - thank goodness I wasn't the one who called my weapon a gun)

Awesome garage/shed Trudy! You do good work!

One hand on weapon, one hand on crotch, repeatedly singing...

"This one's my weapon, and this one's my gun.

One is for killing, one is for fun..."

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

“It’s not going to look like Pizza Hut,” she said. “We are renovating the inside completely and scrubbing the kitchen, which is needed. They have to take out everything that looks like Pizza Hut.”

Nothing like knowing that every pizza you've eaten thus far has been filthy and unsanitary!!! :lol

I was thinking, as soon as Trudy posted about the new dining options "yes, but are you actually going to risk eating at any of them" and then I read that (above) and laughed out loud :rofl

The shed really does look great Trudy :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guns, baby GUNS!! :hehe :hehe

Don't call it a gun, call it a weapon or a rifle. Drill Instructors get VERY upset if you call your weapon a gun, and it leads to lots of jogging around with your rifle held over your head singing a silly phrase about the difference between weapons and guns :lol (sorry- flashbacks to 1979 army basic training - thank goodness I wasn't the one who called my weapon a gun)

Awesome garage/shed Trudy! You do good work!

Not military here. But when I was doing firearms training, I always referred to it as a weapon. Sometimes it's easier to say gun when not in a formal setting.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

We were a coed platoon when they first started having those (late 70s), so we got the "kinder, gentler" version of it. :lol Thinking back, I think the young man used both hands to hold the M-16 over his head, and had to raise and lower it so that it was over his head when he sang "This is my weapon," and below his waist when he sang "this is my gun."

I agree that it's easier to say "guns" when in a less formal setting (and "guns, baby, guns!" sounds way better than "weapons, baby, weapons!"), but I had a flashback to 1979 when I saw an M-16 being called a gun. :lol

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I have stopped my self from posting my thoughts SO MANY times as this thread has evolved from Kodiak roads to something more Alaskan!

But I digress

Trudy your shed is great. It is nothing like the Rubbermaid unit I put together. Sorry if I had you wondering about your assembly prowess!!

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

Trudy----maybe you could go here for your next tour?

IMG_04501.JPG

I know Jeff isn't in the Navy, but they do have this>>>

(sign says "Coast Guard Group"

IMG_04561.JPG

In fact, while we were in the Keys, we saw LOTS of signs indicating the Coast Guard's presence!!! :standard

Back in Yokosuka Japan today.

I was stationed in KW from 1992-1996

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Japan! You better be buying cool gifts for your return. :lol :lol You know you have a hot wife and a Babe waiting for your homecoming. :rofl :rofl :rofl And both wives and Babes respond well to gifts. :hehe :hehe

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

I need to head to bed. I have to get up at 3:30 to take care of the dogs and get ready for work.

If it were still summer, I'd consider taking the dogs out for a walk, but it is dark now before 10 - they can wait until daylight again :lol

A few more months and we'll be doing our walks in the dark anyway

Guest IrskasMom

Wowww ...... Sarah Palin ,Governor of Alaska . A Newcomer in the Political Arena and Presidental Race . Surprise?

Ok, so you go to Tokyo... where would you eat??

Dennys? :lol :lol

Then decide on Korean for dinner :lol

boys :lol :lol

Alaska - we were in Tok and Anchorage before we got here.

Beyond that, nowhere (well, the places in between). Expensive to get off the island. $400 ferry ride with the car (each way) and well, kind of need a car with where the ferry drops you off (either 9 hour ferry or 22 hour ferry to get to Homer or Whittier) or a round trip plane ticket. There may be rentals in Homer or Whittier, but still $100 each way without a vehicle or stateroom, per person for the ferry.

Holy cow! That's an expensive date night Trudy. That sucks big time. Sorry dudette. :(

I thought he hated Dennys. :rolleyes: Dork. ;)

Boyz will be boyz. :lol :lol