The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BroccsMom

I always liked Anchorage, but it was so exotic since we were in Fairbanks. :D I didn't realize the ferry was so expensive, but I suppose it's quite a hike to get to Homer or Anchorage! Bummer....

Guest diagirl

Trudy,

So now that you are stranded on an island ($400--holy cow!), should we start singing the Gilligan's Island theme? Are you Mary Ann or Ginger. Is Jeff the Professor or Gilligan? :lol

Guest greytexplorer

I think Jeff is the Skipper, and Trudy must be Mary Ann, cuz she can cook and do just about everything!!! :lol:D

(all Ginger knew how to do was put on makeup and fix her hair)

If it were still summer, I'd consider taking the dogs out for a walk, but it is dark now before 10 - they can wait until daylight again :lol

wait :blink: it's not summer anymore??? :blink:

Snowballs.

a63ec4bc.gif

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

halibut

not too much snow here.. but we ice - so Wendy's pic may not be far off :lol

I'm going to the "pet" store to check out the fish selection :lol :lol :lol

I already know they don't have squat.

Feeder gold fish are $1.00 each for the little ones you can get for $0.20 or less anywhere else and tiny gold fish start at $10.00

If they even have anything there - they have maybe 10 tanks. I don't have my hopes up.

And shipping next day... my drive arrived next day... 2 days later, so not so sure about even shipping fish in.

oh yeah, and the nice days we've had in the last 2 weeks. Nice fall days (though no leaves to turn colors here)... except it is AUGUST!!!!

There really wasn't much of a summer here - maybe a week or two.

Last year's baby sitting in the same tree next to the yard. The neighbor's dog was standing with his feet up on the deck rails just focused on the sky. Looked up and there's this baby from last year

IMG_4298.jpg

Well, if nothing else Trudy, you are getting some great pictures while there. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest embarkguru

LOL! My parents are from Scotland, and a tasty little thing that Grammy would make from time to time is a cod pie. I know that dried cod is in it along with potatoes and a tasty crust. I wish I knew how she made that.

So I was talking to Jeff last night while he was in Japan.

It felt like 95 there.

It felt like 42 here.

I told him when he called quick before they left that he could find me in Mexico if I wasn't here when he gets home :lol

He left you in the cold and he is in the heat, if I were you I would take a little trip after all the work you have done. I bet he feels bad. :colgate

Sorry Truday.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

This is Kodiak... and I can't give the details or I have to close my own thread :(

But the guy asked if I'd let Jet off her leash to work with his dog. I told him my dogs have no concept of moving vehicles and the road, so no, they were staying leashed. He said his current dog wouldn't run into the road (his previous 9 week old puppy did and that's the story I can't share)... until a truck with a barking golden (barking with a ball in his mouth) went by and the dog ran out into the road to go after the dog/truck.

And then as I was driving to Safeway, there is a mattress where the dumpster used to be... dumpster hasn't been there in over a month. How do they think that mattress is going to go anywhere??

as I was driving to Safeway, there is a mattress where the dumpster used to be... dumpster hasn't been there in over a month. How do they think that mattress is going to go anywhere??

Maybe it was a trade? :lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

as I was driving to Safeway, there is a mattress where the dumpster used to be... dumpster hasn't been there in over a month. How do they think that mattress is going to go anywhere??

Maybe it was a trade? :lol

Yup. Somebody's got themselves a new shed. :lol Or putting an addition onto their house. :lol

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

No, dumpster was removed a month ago because people are idiots and don't keep the lids closed and leave trash all around the dumpster so the bears can have lunch. That happens enough, the dumpster is removed to keep the bears from returning to that area for quick snacks (next to the soccer and ball fields (gravel fields... can't imagine playing soccer on rock)).

Maybe the bear is tired so they offered up a place to nap :lol

It just gets better and better, no? <sigh>

When is your first break from the island?

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Maybe January to head to CT. Maybe not. Nothing planned yet.

Oh, are you coming to see me? :D

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

no, to see Jeff - he has to be there for fork and knife school :lol :lol

But, since I know how to use a fork and knife already... maybe :)

And then as I was driving to Safeway, there is a mattress where the dumpster used to be... dumpster hasn't been there in over a month. How do they think that mattress is going to go anywhere??

Someone will come along and take it for their house

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Someone will come along and take it for their house

I think that happened a few times already... not much left to this one.

no, to see Jeff - he has to be there for fork and knife school :lol:lol

But, since I know how to use a fork and knife already... maybe :)

Ok, I know the CGA is here in CT, but I have no idea what fork and knife school is. I assume that's slang, and they're not really sending him 5000 miles for an etiquette lesson? :lol

Ok, I know the CGA is here in CT, but I have no idea what fork and knife school is. I assume that's slang, and they're not really sending him 5000 miles for an etiquette lesson? :lol

Why yes, yes they are!

So it's official. After 2 hours and lots of money at the DMV....

IMG_4306.jpg

The mattress where the dumpster used to be... it gave birth to a bag of trash

Jet is making progress with loose dogs running up to her. Today we had 4 dogs her size (labs and lab mixes) run up to us while we were looking out over the cliff. The guy apologized since he didn't see us before he let his dogs out of the car to run around. Jet didn't try to eat any of them.

Kodiak has NO idea how to do road construction. It took me at least 10 minutes to get out of the DMV parking lot due to construction on the road in front of it

And I have a very very sweet husband :blush