The Roads In Kodiak

Trudy

I love the Outer Banks. Is there a CG station there?

Oregon Inlet has CG station with boats, not a ship like Jeff is on now. The smaller stations like Ocracoke are nearly empty of Coasties now.

O gosh, that's sad. :( Ocracoke is my fave of the OBX!!!!!

I lived there for 12+ years. No greyhounds on the island then but there are some now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading another post and "Brindles" had replied to it. I noticed the following underneath her siggie, and thought it really applied to Trudy and Jeff.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

Keep on keeping on!!! :walk

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

You know, the USCG will place Jeff where THEY need him. J&T have no choice. So lay off the suggestions. If you have never been a part of a military family, you have no idea what it's like.

No, I have never been involved in the military. But Kevin did time in the USAF and I have worked with a ton of former servicemen over the years. One thing I learned from them was that either you did what the military told you to or you got out. And doing what you are told to do means moving every few years and making the best of whatever and wherever you land.

And remembering that you WILL move again, so even if it's a miserable place, you're not there forever. It's a wonderful opportunity for learning to be flexible and adaptable.

Sounds like United Methodist clergy families!! :D

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

What's in those boxes?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

What's in those boxes?

It's better if you don't know. That's what they call "plausible deniability" ;)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Bev... in those boxes are the wonderful, devilishly good Girl Scout Cookies. Sold once a year... evil little girls (I was one of those evil little girls :lol).

You should ask for one in a Secret Santa package... if anybody has any left, because it isn't like there's going to be any left from the boat :lol

so here is some picture evidence as to why it is important to make food requests at foreign ports in weights...

They requested X bunches of bananas. They got X bunches of bananas

BabyBananas.jpg

Not so sure one of these bananas will qualify as a serving size for fruit...

BabyBanana.jpg

Guess they will have no problem eating those little bitty bananas before they over ripen. Cute little buggers, they are.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Why oh why didn't anybody tell me, when I was growing up, that CG people rated GIRL SCOUT COOKIES??????! Might've changed my career plans for that .....

Cute bananas. :lol :lol :lol

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest houndstooth4
Half the cases that arrived in their care package yesterday....

Why oh why didn't anybody tell me, when I was growing up, that CG people rated GIRL SCOUT COOKIES??????! Might've changed my career plans for that .....

Cute bananas. :lol:lol:lol

I must say I'd consider signing up. Mmmm, Thin Mints. I talked to the recuiters but they never said anything about Thin Mints. (M.)

Edited by houndstooth4

Guest embarkguru

I love those kind of bananas! When we can find them (mostly when we lived in San Diego), we would put them in Plantain leaves with sticky rice that had sugar and coconut milk. Fold the whole thing up into a little purse and steam them. They are so good! How can you equate that into some of your local fair that you have there?

Thin Mints Ice Cream......(insert Homer drool right here)! OMG! I never really had a craving during my pregnancies until DH start making that! Evil....Evil!!

The bananas were picked up in Korea or Japan, not Kodiak. The boat left here with normal sized banana.

And neither Jeff or I like banana, so we wouldn't be incorporating them into anything we eat here even if we could find the baby ones.

BabyBanana.jpg

Is that a wee little banana in Jeff's hand or is he just missing his wife? :gmark:rotfl

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest IrskasMom

How's it going Trudy ?? Did you find somebody to hang with or to go shopping to the Mall ( what Mall ) with ??? It's really not

funny ! Nobody knows better then me , to be all alone somewhere . We listen to everything ......just try us !!!! :grouphug

Not sure if I posted this pic....

Kodiak Ice Cream truck thing

IMG_5432.jpg

Kodiak intersection set for fully functioning stoplight

Article published on Friday, August 15th, 2008

By ERIK WANDER

Mirror Writer

Kodiak drivers beware. The city is about to become a one-light town once again.

On Monday, a new, state-of-the-art traffic light at Rezanof Drive West and Marine Way will go into flash mode, Jason Baxley of the Alaska Department of Transportation, said.

On Tuesday or Wednesday midday, the signal will be fully operational, complete with red, yellow and green lights.

“Part of it is to let us know it’s working,” Baxley said of the minimum 24-hour flashing period. “And we’ve also got to let everyone know it’s on and working, so they know something’s about to happen.”

Baxley said a light at the same intersection was first installed in 1984 but went into permanent flash mode after just a few weeks because of faulty sensors embedded in the road on Alder Lane.

“They got it on for a very short period of time,” he said. “Then they got it into blinking mode for 23 years.”

Baxley said he doesn’t foresee any such problems with the new light because of advancements in technology.

“The software and hardware have come such a long way since 1984,” he said. “We feel pretty confident.”

Baxley said the light will improve traffic flow at the Y intersection by providing gaps and making it easier for drivers to make turns.

“It’s not going to be a big change,” he said. “But it’s a change from what everyone is used to.”

Baxley, who served as project engineer for the Y intersection project, said he considers the overall project a success.

“The project had its challenges,” he said. “But it came out rather well. I’d like to thank the people of Kodiak. It was a challenge for us as well as for them. But we’re pretty much done.”

umm, it isn't at the right intersection to help traffic at the Y and well, there really isn't a lot of traffic at the Y to be a problem and need a light.

But hey, Kodiak Island will have ONE traffic light :lol :lol

How cute is that??!! And lots less creepy than some greasy haired stoner in a rusted out panel van. :) In my neighborhood it is guys on a bike with a big cooler on the front. Besides ice cream they all sell duros (fried wheat snacks) that are piled up so high they can't see where they are going.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Wow, one light, I thought I lived in the sticks when we we lived in Murrayville Georgia, but wow it is a island though. :lol I have never seen bananas that small, that would be a bit too small for the blender to make shakes, or it would take a bunch. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter