Carrier In Emerg

Can Carrier craw into bed with you or you make a bed with Carrier? You probably both need sleep and rest.

We live in an old converted church so it's open plan. I can see him and he can see me no matter which room I am in. The master bedroom is a loft, but we have set up camp in the guest room on the main floor. Two humans and four hounds in one room make for a very cozy fit... not to mention they want to get into bed with us.

Carrier Update Feb 8 pm

Carrier seems to be doing a littler better - he is getting up on his own and is more decisive when he wants to move - as opposed to last night, when he just laid and cried. He is getting up to drink and go out to do his business. I have noticed that his tongue is turning a little more pink - before it was a pale pink. I spoke to our local vet about all of this as Tim and I were somewhat confused with what we were dealing with and what the prognosis was after we brought him home.

Our vet explained that it's normal for Carrier to be tired because it's like he was running a marathon for the last two days. His heart was working over time in one section and part time or nothing in the other. He has atrial fibrillation from what I understand and if the two meds that he was on were the cause, then he should be back to "normal" within a few days. His heart is already messed up - he has cardiomyopothy - toxicity from the chemo drug - so if he gets over this his heart will back to the way it was before this started. Which I guess is good news and we are optimistic and hopeful. He has another chemo treatment on the 18th, but I think we have decided not to push him anymore with hard core drugs. He has been through enough and I can't bare the thought of giving him more serious drugs that will stress his heart. We will look for a more holistic approach for the future. I pray he gets better over the next few days.

thank you again for you thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeatherDemps

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that Carrier is doing better than he was. Will of course have continued prayers that he does better and better. I'm sure he is thrilled to be back home!

Great to get the update... been thinking a lot about Carrier and I'm glad to read that he is doing a little better. :getwell

Sending :bighug to you and :kiss2 to your sweet boy

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sorry for the short post, but I still don't feel that well, but I wanted to let you know how Carrier was doing.

Carrier Update Feb 10th

Carrier seems to be doing a little better.. although yesterday I am pretty sure he has a small episode...he was laying down and shivering as if he was cold (I covered him) and I could see his head moving back and forth. I stayed with him and it was over in about 30 seconds. and then he was fine afterwards. he is eating normally and getting up on his own without problem, albeit a little wobbly at times, especially if he has been laying down for some time. The "look" in his eyes has returned, which is good to see because he looked fairly sad the last few days and just really tired. We are giving him time to recover and making sure the house is quiet and calm. Thank you for the prayers - I believe they are working, so please keep them coming.

eva.

Guest HeatherDemps

Eva,

Thanks for updating us again. I'm glad to hear that he is doing a little better this morning. Of course continued prayers for Carrier's healing.

I'm just now seeing this. Please know that I'm keeping Carrier in my thoughts & prayers.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm glad he seems to be feeling better :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending a hug for Carrier and for yourselves.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no! I just saw this! Eva, your poor boy!! and poor you! (and Tim). Hope things are on the mend and Carrier rebounds quickly (you too, this cold going around is a nasty one!) Hugs to Carrier...

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Sending Carrier lots of prayers and gentle ear scritches. :hope:grouphug

I have dilated cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure and Coreg and Lasix are two of the drugs I take. Both of them can cause dizziness. I'm wondering if one of the drugs Carrier is on is a digitalis like Lanoxin or Digoxin (just two of the brand names). I was on Lanoxin along with the Coreg, Lasix, etc. and after I had been on it a while it caused my heart to go out of sinc and I was feeling very poorly and had spells of just going out. Coreg is a tough med to be on, and it does take some manipulation to get the dosage right, but it can reduce the size of an enlarged heart, it reduced mine back to normal size.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg