Carrier In Emerg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

Eva, so glad to hear that Carrier is stabilized and hasn't had any more episodes. Also glad to hear the vets are pleased with the test results so far. One of my cats had a life-threatening heart condition and had to take Lasix (+ 4 other medicines) for years. Lasix is a diuretic that prevents fluid accumulation around the heart. When the heart beat becomes weak or irregular, fluid builds up around it. Lasix stops that from happening. Hope that you get another good report when they call you back. Sending best thoughts to you and Carrier. :hope:grouphug

Guest LolasMom

Thanks you for so much for the update :grouphug . I'm so glad to hear that he's stable and the vet's are pleased.

Many more prayers going out for sweet Carrier and his peeps this morning. :hope:hope:hope:heart

Guest HeatherDemps

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear that Carrier is doing okay. I know it's so hard to leave him there but of course they are taking good care of him! I hope that you get more good news when you get your update this morning.

Guest greytexplorer
Thanks for the update. So glad to hear that Carrier is doing okay. I know it's so hard to leave him there but of course they are taking good care of him! I hope that you get more good news when you get your update this morning.

DITTO!

your vet sounds wonderful, too, I might add

you all are in my thoughts today!

Come on Carrier...you can do it sweetie!

Eva and Tim...I'm so sorry and am keeping you in my thoughts still...actually I think of you guys a lot and of course, only wish the best of outcomes.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending more prayers. I hope Carrier can home soon. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Carrier came home yesterday afternoon. My head is spinning from everything, plus I am extremely sick with cold so this doesn't help.

They said that they can't tell us for sure what was causing Carrier to faint, but the good news is that he hasn't done it since Wednesday afternoon. they gave him lasix overnight while he was in ICU and took him off the Coreg (one of the heart meds) and the antibiotic that he was on as they suspected that either/both of those could have been causing him to do this. He is on lasix pills for two weeks, so we will see if that does anything.

Last night was scary though, from 10pm until 4am he didn't move from his bed and he needed to go pee but he just didn't want to get up. He did pee his bed a little and looked so out of it. I woke Tim and we sat with him. He just kept pawing us and would cry if we stopped petting him. I honestly thought it was time to say goodbye - I told him he was a good boy and he was loved more than he could ever know and that it was okay to do what he needed to do.

Tim thought we should try to coax him to get up and see if he was just being lazy and was really more uncomfortable than anything. He stood on his own, had a drink, went for a pee and poop and then ate a cup of food. And seemed quite fine after that. He goes into these moments where we think he's not feeling but then is fine afterwards.

This morning he stood for his breakfast - so we gave him another cup and then he went out on his own for a pee - he walking up and down the stairs perfectly too.

I just spoke with Dr Hosoya, his oncologist at OSU and he and the OSU cardiologist and Dr O'Toole the ICU vet have been talking and OSu agrees with the med changes that were suggested. Dr Hosoya believes that Carrier is going to take a few days to recover from this and we should just monitor him over the next several days.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers - they mean so much and I have been telling Carrier about all of your messages.

I will keep you posted as best I can - but with this terrible cold, I find it hard to do anything but watch Carrier at the moment.

Hopefully Carrier will improve. Sorry for your cold. Can Carrier craw into bed with you or you make a bed with Carrier? You probably both need sleep and rest.

Sending more prayers and white light.

Hugs to Carrier, you and Tim

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Sending my prayers. I hope "you" feel better soon too. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending best wishes for Carrier and I hope you feel better very soon too :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!