Triciaszoo...peatie Has Lymphoma..

Guest tiffyks

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming here and finding myself unable to post. It's much easier to be strong when it's someone you don't know.

Trish I am beyond sorry. I wish there was something I could do. I am here for you if you need me. You have my email, do you have my phone #?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Not Peatie McSweetie :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Oh, God, sometimes this seems unbearable....Tricia, it's clear how much you and Peatie are loved by everyone here. If prayers and white light could kill the monster, we'd all give it a shot. So I think we'll try to do just that. I'm so, so sorry that you have gotten this devastating news. It's beyond unfair that he's so young, and has brought joy to so many people. I find myself saying these words way too often, but if it helps....try not to let the monster steal these precious days away from you with thoughts of the future. These dogs live in the NOW, with no fear of the sadness to come. He knows only that he is safe within the circle of your love.

You'll do what you think is best for your sweet boy, because you are the one who knows him the best. Though your mind is swirling with so many questions, just do what you can, and know that if you listen to your heart, there is no wrong decision.

I hope you will visit Circle of Grey. Times like this are just what they are there for. Dr. Couto is an angel. If he can help you in any way, he will. Though you're not doing the chemo, it would be worth a shot to try the artemisinin. I started Winnie on it right after she was diagnosed, and she was on it for 3 years.

You know you and Peatie are in everyone's prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Every time I hear the "C" word, I just cringe. :( I'm so sorry your youngster has been struck by this monster. Holding you and Peatie in my heart for much more quality time together. Many prayers... :hope:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry to hear this... He is just a baby, way too young. I don't know how to wrap my brain around all of this cancer that is striking our GT hounds. I will keep you and Peatie in my prayers (along with all the others and those who have crossed the bridge) :(

I just want to scream at this news. It's just not fair. Only 4? I have two here that are 6 and feel awful that they are just fine :( There have just been too many lately. I hope Dr. Couto can help somehow :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest TriciasZoo
The pred. made Skippy pee and drink a lot of water. It also made Skippy breathe harder. Orginally he was on it 2x per day, now they have knocked it back to either every other day or every third day (I can't remember which). Dr. Couto was the one that knocked him back. Also, he is out of town, but someone will answer your emails to him. They have been so helpful!!!

Becky

Thanks Becky. Emailing him was the first thing I did, even knowing he was out.

WHEN DO I STOP CRYING! ?

Today I am transporting ferrets for rescue, and bringing two more home to me. I don't want to look like an idiot all day. :(

I keep coming here and finding myself unable to post. It's much easier to be strong when it's someone you don't know.

Trish I am beyond sorry. I wish there was something I could do. I am here for you if you need me. You have my email, do you have my phone #?

I don't think so, Janet.

Guest gonewtthewind1

You keep on plugging. It is heart breaking, but in the end you do what is best for Peatie. Skippy is only 5, and everyday you think how unfair it is. Right now, he is doing great, and you would have no idea he has cancer. He sleeps a little more, and pees a little more. Shoot, I have the same symptoms, and I'm expecting. Skippy knows something is not quite right with him, but he doesn't know what. Peatie is probably the same. You will do whats right for Peatie. Rememebr that all he knows is that he loves you, and right now it's harder for you than Peatie. There are options, and you may have some good time left with him. Skippy is on the gentlist meds. that are available, and so far is doing fine. The last meds. made him sick for a few weeks, and for about a month he has been fine. My Mom has got more information (Skippy is her dog). Cry when you need to, and then do what you have to do.

Becky