Triciaszoo...peatie Has Lymphoma..

Guest tiffyks

Guest TriciasZoo
So sorry. We are going through that now with our Skipper. If I can be of any help, please let me know. Dr. Couto at Ohio State and his team are a great source of information. You do not have to take your dog there to benefit from their program. They are a very generous group. I have also learned a lot from the Circle of Grey board.

I hate to ask for this, but could I have the link for Circle of Greys?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TriciasZoo
I am so sorry...I know your heartache. I do want to share with you...LaceyLaine's nodes in her shoulders...abdomen...back legs and neck were huge. Oncology says she is at least grade 4 possibly 5. The chemo is REALLY helping her and she does not know she is sick...just something to think about...Sending our prayers and warm white light. :grouphug Edited to add: the yahoo group canine lymphoma has been a huge comfort and knowledge base for me. :grouphug

Thanks Patti. We won't be going with chemo. We'll do our best to keep him comfortable, and he'll probably start on steroids on Monday. I wanted him home this weekend. I didn't want to give up my weekend with him for his biopsy.

oh no!!! I'm so sorry !!! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

So many of my favorite GT hounds have been struck by this awful disease lately-- and Peatie is definitely one of my favorites. Hugs to all of you.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest TriciasZoo

I've put in a call to Dr. B. I need to know...how much time he thinks Peatie has...and what the progression will be like. They promised he'd call, even if it's after hours. He's swamped. Of course part of that is my ferret rescue's fault as he's got 20 ferrets to examine before we pick them up tomorrow morning and transport them to the rescue. Two will be coming home with me.

Guest gonewtthewind1

The pred. made Skippy pee and drink a lot of water. It also made Skippy breathe harder. Orginally he was on it 2x per day, now they have knocked it back to either every other day or every third day (I can't remember which). Dr. Couto was the one that knocked him back. Also, he is out of town, but someone will answer your emails to him. They have been so helpful!!!

Becky

I am so sorry, there are just no words, but know you are in our thoughts.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

No words, just lots of hugs and prayers headed Peatie's way.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I'm so sorry. :cry1

I hope Peatie has a lot of good days left.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)