Triciaszoo...peatie Has Lymphoma..

Guest tiffyks

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TriciasZoo

He had his labs this morning. Adrian said he was a trooper. I was exhausted, so hubby let me sleep in. I have good days and bad days. I am thankful for all the notes here, the PMs, the IMs, the emails. I appreciate it all. I will be honest that I've gotten more support and encouragement than I expected. I really didn't realize that this many people were out there that cared, and it means so much. I am deeply touched by all of your words.

I am anxious to get him started on his protocol. I've noticed he's having a harder time eating, so as of tonight I am adding water to his kibble to soften it. I will be glad if the Prednisone and chemo helps shrinks those nodes for his comfort. His tail still wags, and he jumps up, eagerly when I come home, but there's something in his eyes. I don't believe he is in pain, but I do believe he's uncomfortable and under-the-weather.

I have been trying to shop around for his drugs to find the best prices while waiting for the go ahead from the vet, after the lab results. If anyone knows of good sources, what he'll be on is Leukeran, Prednisone and Methotrexate.

Huggles to all,

Trish and the Zoo

Guest TriciasZoo
You might want to e-mail Dr Couto. Sometimes he can help you out with the chemo drugs.

I've been in constant contact with him, and have done everything short of outright "asking" him for them. And I just don't feel right doing that. Especially when I know there are people out there that are more needy than I am. But if it comes down to it, and that's my only option, I will swallow my pride for my boy. So rest assured, no matter what I have to do, he's getting these meds. Beyond this protocol, longer term, I don't know what will happen. I did email my animal communicator and will be working with her to communicate with Peatie to see what he really wants. She's done wonders for my pack before, and I know she will be a huge help now. Even DH looked at me tonight and said he couldn't believe I hadn't called her yet. I blinked in shock, because I thought he really didn't believe in it. I guess I was wrong. Actually he's really surprised me through all of this with Peatie, and with the addition of ferrets to our household. I love ya, Adrian.

Peatie is sleeping comfortably right now, Bebe right next to him, and Flippy on the sofa with me, head on my leg. If I'm still, sitting or lying down, she has to have her head on a part of me. She's very protective and soothing at the same time. So while Flippy is comforting me, Bebe is comforting Peatie. Peatie also has his Circl of Greys healing blanket now, and I wear my Circle of Greys ribbon pin daily.

I was talking with DH on our way back from MS, picking up a new ferret, and talking again about how I couldn't believe this was happening to US. *sigh* But I'm at least more composed than I was the first few days. Tired, achy, depressed, yes. But at least not a total basket case, and able to function and take care of business at work. I haven't been able to do much beyond that and taking care of the critters during the week, hence not a lot of posts, but I'm making it.

Huggles to everyone,

Trish and the Zoo

Guest vahoundlover

If you have CVS try them...just recently the pharmacy we used for all of Busters drugs closed, no notice! We were in somewhat of a panic because when he started some of his meds they were the only pharmacy that carried those meds.....The people at CVS have been great and they even signed us up for a special pet med thing they have now and we get 20% off all of his meds!

My prayers are with you guys daily. :grouphug

Glad to hear how your trio is getting along through this time! You sound greyt too, considering. I am hoping you will be able to share the pet communicator's results...that will be very helpful for you and Peatie, I am sure.

Many, many hugs to you now....know your GT'ers understand even though coworkers may not. I did not know your Dh was gone so much. He must be devastated about that, even if he doesn't break down and cry right in front of you.

:bighug:bighug

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Guest TriciasZoo

I'm worried about how much I'm sleeping on the weekends. I don't know how I'm functioning through the week when I sleep so much on Saturday and Sunday and barely function physically on those days. :( I'm not getting out of bed before noon, and when I do I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Peatie just went out and he was really dragging too. *sigh*

We don't have a CVS. Too bad. Sounds like they were really good. I've got Sam's, Costco, Walmart, Walgreens, Rite-Aid and some smaller private pharmacies.

You sound greyt too, considering.

Far from it, I'm afraid. :( Sorry. Just being honest.

You're doing what you have to do Trish, in whichever way you are able to do it.

Deep breaths and then baby steps :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!