Carrier's Diagnosis

Oh Eva - I am so sorry to hear this! Please give Carrier a hug for my and one for you and Tim as well. Tons of good thoughts and healing light to Carrier. If there is anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap! Not another... :cry1 I'm so very sorry to hear your news. :bighug Please join the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CircleofGrey/" (Circle of Greys) group for additional support and advice. You will know the right decisions for your baby boy, once you consider all factors. Keeping Carrier and you in my prayers, surrounded by light. :hope:candle

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

oh no, eva and tim, i'm so sorry...please let me know if there's anything i can do to help :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

This is heartbreaking. I know how difficult your decision will be, but you know your boy better than anyone. I agree with joining Circle of Grey, and starting him on the artemisinin. I just lost my precious Winnie to kidney failure, but she beat the osteo monster---3years and 2 months post amp, and she was on the artemisinin the whole time.

Sending prayers and white light for strength to you and Carrier.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry that you are going through this agony. It just really stinks.Wishing you the strength in making the decision that is best for both you and Carrier. Please keep us posted.

:bighug:dogcookie:bighug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Guest LolasMom

I'm so sorry for the diagnosis. You both will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I know that in time you will make the best decision possible for Carrier. :candle

I am so sorry. Sending prayers for Carrier. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

eva, how was this not picked up by your (our?) vet sooner?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest trevdog

Sending prayers....I'd think about amputation too depending on how he handles vet visits and such. 10 is still a young age....join Circle of Grey for support and contact OSU....

Having just gone through this with Bodie, I understand the tears, the anguish, the tough decisions. Throughout the process, I made it a priority to put Bodie's needs first, not mine, and that helped a lot with my decision making.

In the end, we opted for amputation and chemo. August was a very tough month, but Bodie is doing very well now and I'm hoping for the best for him. But Bodie is only 7 and what was right for him may not be right for Carrier. In other words, only you know what is best for Carrier and whatever decision you make, it will be the right one for him.

Many prayers and white lights coming your way as you go through this difficult time.

eva, how was this not picked up by your (our?) vet sooner?

Hi Robin,

I am actually quite upset about how she handled it. On Oct 6th we went for a follow up adjustment, as she was still telling us that it was his shoulder popping out and causing the pain. We felt that he was walking quite well at this time although, I did notice that he was starting to get swollen on that joint. Because there is so much atrophy, she told me that this was what I was seeing - I didn't buy it. She went to adjustment him and he screamed bloody murder for a bout 20 seconds and was just shaking all over. Tim and I didn't know what to say or do - Tim asked, "So his shoulder was out?" She said yes, but not in a confident way. So we took him out to see how he was walking - it was bad, but she said he was fine and then walked in. I found this to be really strange and I felt the whole time that there was something that she wasn't telling us. So we paid the bill and left - angry. At this point I decided it was time to get a second chiro opinion, so we drove to Toronto to see Dr Rosenberg. He found that Carrier wasn't actually having shoulder problems (in a chiro way), but it was actually his neck that had a pinched nerve, which was shooting pain down his leg and causing the limping. Once adjusted, I couldn't believe how well he walked. The limp was still there, but he was definitely better. We have to date, gone there three times, and each time he was better. Carrier even played and did a full body shake - both of which he hasn't done in months, because of the pain he was in. We had him on so many drugs and nothing worked until we saw Dr Rosenberg. I am angry that she never once raised the flag that this was going on for two months and he had major atrophy in that region. We tried everything in addition to her adjustments, physio, massage to get the muscle back... but in the end when we decided to go for a second opinion on the xrays, we found this out. I asked her every appointment, Can we be sure that Cancer is ruled out from the xray that was done a few weeks ago? - her answer was yes - and the answer to his swollen shoulder - was just me not seeing that he had no muscle, so that is why it was like that. :angryfire

I think the adjustments that she was doing on Carrier made things worse - the death scream that he let out was heartbreaking. I am glad we got him out of there when we did and we were able to make progress with Dr Rosenberg and the vet in paris.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. We are going to see what our options are and go from there. I will be joining Circle of Grey and also contacting Dr Couto and getting the artemisinin.

This morning, he got up, a little sore. Ate his breakie and took a pee and then wanted to go in. He didn't want any banana - which make me nervous, but he did round the pack with his morning Roo. I love him.

eva

I'm very sorry to hear your news :(

We are thinking of you and Carrier :candle

Darcy, I'm sure, sends extra special kisses to Carrier.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh no. GAH this stupid disease!!!!!!!!!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

DAMMIT!

I'm so sorry Eva. We'll add Carrier's name to the list of survivors we're walking for on Saturday.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image