Carrier's Diagnosis

Guest jurishound

I am so glad to hear that you are comforted by the staff at OSU. Carrier will sense this and be more relaxed too. Have a good snooze together, and we'll wait to hear what tomorrow brings.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest multiplicity

Yup, OVC is quite an experience...can't say that it has been all that positive for me either!

I am glad to hear that you are able to have quality time with Carrier and that you feel more comfortable with the staff at OSU.

You guys are in my thoughts. :grouphug

Guest Kpparker

:grouphug :grouphug

Give Carrier kisses and hugs from all of us on GT... I hope the surgery goes uneventfully tomorrow or Wednesday. It's amazing how these guys can recover from an amputation and live long happy lives. There's a boy in Toronto named Elliot who had one of his front legs amputated (not sure how long ago) but everytime I have seen him he is just the happiest, sweetest boy - he goes up to all the dogs wagging his tail and with a look of joy on his face.

I really think you are doing the right thing for Carrier. :)

Warm wishes and big hugs Eva and Carrier. Hope all goes well and Carrier's feeling good as new soon!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Carrier Update October 30 12:30pm

Just got back from visiting Carrier. He looks good and did his patented head shake and tail wag when he saw me. I knew he wouldn't want to just lay in the comfort room with me, since he was walking fine and really just wanting to get the hell out of there... so I took him for a walk with Dr Vilar. Before I came over to see him I spoke to Julia the vet student, who also has a grey and has been assigned to Carrier - she told me he had a good night and ate his dinner fine. Slept well, and seems to be enjoying his fentanyl patch - I asked for one, but they said no.

So, yes, back to when I saw Carrier this morning. I can see his shoulder is really starting to bother him and it's bigger, so I know he will be relieved when that pain is gone. He was happy to be outside and took three long pees and three poops. Dr Vilar was like, "Really, we did take him out this morning!". I just laughed, because I figured that Carrier was probably too distracted by a stranger taking him for a pee and also interested in his surroundings that he forgot what he had to do.... but regardless, he is empty now ;)

We walked in through the large animal clinic and Carrier saw a Llama - which got him really excited. He loves large animals - cows, horses and deer he goes bonkers for and now the Llama. It was great to see him so excited. Unfortunately, I had to leave shortly after because they had to prep him for sugery. He was suppose to go for 12:30, but there is a chance that that is not going to happen. I am waiting to hear.

will let you know more as I get more info.

Guest Kpparker

I'm so glad to hear you had a great morning with Carrier and he got to see a llama, lucky boy!

Keep us updated on how his surgery goes today or tomorrow. Sounds like he will pull through it just fine with his sunny outlook on life. Good job Carrier!

Guest grey_dreams

I am so glad you decided to drive down to OSU, and now you can be sure that Carrier will receive the very best treatment. Sending all good thoughts your way for a successful surgery and rapid recovery for your awesome boy. :hope:candle:grouphug

Checking in and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Carrier Update Oct 30 4:40pm

The surgery did not happen today. They were really busy and the surgeon was pretty much beat and wanted to have a clear head and plenty of time, so it's going to happen tomorrow.

I picked Carrier up, so he is with me for the night - already sound asleep in the hotel room. His tail was going crazy when he walked out and he was saying hello to everyone in the wait room - he is so sweet - he makes my heart melt.

I am sitting on the floor with him... just watching him breath

His breathing is slow, so I know that he is comfortable- thanks to the drugs and I am sure also because he is so tired and just wanted to pass out. We will have a quite evening here and then go back to OSU for 7:30am.

He's not wanting his dinner, so I will try later tonight... he hasn't eaten since yesterday as they were keeping him empty in case he was having the surgery - so I would like for him to eat something... he has until 10pm tonight.

Please keep the prayers coming - he will need them tomorrow.

thank you for all your support - it has given me so much strength - which is passed on to my sweet dear Carrier.

Hugs and kisses for Carrier and prayers for tomorrow.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren