Oscar

Guest TinasTroops

Guest caiteag

Marijke, my heart is broken for you. Please know that Oscar was (and will always be) in the hearts of so very many of us here on GT.

Run free Sweet, Silly Oscar-Man.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss - Oscar was a truly wonderful and special boy. May you find some comfort for your heartbreak in the memories of the love you shared.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Marijke, I'm so very sorry. You and your family have my heartfelt sympathy at the loss of your wonderful Oscar.

:f_red

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

:(

OMG! I was just checking in for an update!

Marijke - I am so so very sorry. Big hugs to you and your family, deepest sympathies from our family.

I've asked Ricochet to take Oscar under his wing and show him around at the Bridge.

:brokenheart

Run pain free sweet Oscar.

I am so sorry. I was another fan and will miss reading Oscar's diary updates.

Godspeed Oscar.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest vtgreys

Oh no, not Oscar :( I'm so sorry Marijke. I don't spend much time in H&M usually, but specifically checked during my current lunch hour for updates from this morning. This is not the outcome I had expected. It is so heartbreaking to lose a best friend like this. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Oscar, run free at the bridge and give Benny and Yoshi a kiss from me!

Run free sweet Oscar. :gh_run May the wonderful and happy memories that you have of Oscar bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Carol Ann

:f_red:f_red:f_red

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest gretzky

I am so sorry for your loss. The very first picture I saw after coming to GT was Oscar with his Hulk Man. I'll miss his stories. May your happy memories comfort you in the days ahead.

Guest Tenderhearts

:cry1 :cry1 :cry1 I can't express my sorrow and shock enough. Oh Mare, my heart hurts so badly for you.

Godspeed, sweet Oscar. Run free and say hello to Skittle and Lori Ann for me! :gh_run:angel

Edited by Tenderhearts

Guest gfamily

How heartbreaking!!! Thru his wonderful diary entries, I feel like I knew him!!! Tears here for a wonderful doggie I never met but loved anyway. When I was first thinking of getting a greyhound you were the first person to post with support and encouragement - big hugs Mareyka!

Marijke, my heart breaks for you. Oscar was such a special dog here on GT - when I saw the name Oscar on the GT homepage beside Rememberance, I thought "no, no - it can't be Oscarman!!!" Tears flowed when I saw that it was. Has it really only been three years? It seems like Oscar and his Hulk have always been here - thanks to the wonderful diaries, he really always will be. Peace and blessings to all of you - I hope your youngest son is okay. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:f_red :f_red :f_red

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

I am sooo sorry for your loss. This has hit GT like a ton of bricks too. The bridge has a guest of honor today. There are so many waiting for him there. Run free sweet sweet boy.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

omg!!! I am just shocked to hear this.... :weep

Marijke I am so so sorry.... :grouphug I wish I had the words.... but I'm at a loss... I'm so incredibly sorry...

Godspeed handsome Oscar man! Godspeed! :sad1:heart

Guest hamiesmom

Big hugs to you, Marijke and your family. I loved reading about Oscar and fell in love with him. Just remember, Oscar will forever be the wind beneath your wings.

Guest boondog

Words cannot express my shock and sorrow. I'd been following his posts, but I never realized that he was this gravely ill. Maybe I didn't want to believe it. Run free, sweet Oscar. You will be missed.

Oh Mare my heart has broken into a thousand pieces with you. I just sat down and saw this and tears have filled my eyes. I so loved Oscar, even though we never met in person and I loved his diary entries. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you learn to deal with his tragedy.

Oscarman, keep them laughing at the bridge sweetie. You will be missed. Godspeed sweetheart. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh no, I am so sorry Mare :grouphug

I wish there was anything that could be said that would help, but there isn't. So many of us feel like we knew Oscar through your diaries and we will miss him too.

Hugs to you and I know that although thinking of Osc will give you lots of tears right now, I also now that his memory will give you so very much to smile about. That big goofy grin that he brings out in people is part of his legacy.

See you later Oscar :grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.