Oscar

Guest TinasTroops

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my heart sank when i saw his thread in the health and medical section was closed. mareyka, you and your family are in my thoughts. Oscar will be sorely missed :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest darlene

Marijke, I'm so very sorry you had to let your heart dog go, :grouphug but you gave him the best gift you could have given, release from pain. You loved him enough to let him go! :f_red:f_red My heart is breaking for you. :brokenheart:weep Run free sweet Oscar. :gh_run

I loved the Oscar stories, especially because he reminded me so much of my angel Bauer - those gorgeous fawn boys always tug on the heart strings.

I'm so sorry. Godspeed Oscar. :(

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest wmlcml6

Chris told me about Oscar this morning at the kennel. I was so shocked I couldn't even read this until now. I remember when you first started posting on GT about the fact that you were getting your first greyhound, and then followed his stories with great anticipation. He was a big part of why I read GT on a daily basis. Even though I never met him in person, his passing is really hurting my heart. I will miss seeing his cute face snuggling with the ever present Hulk stuffy.

Rest in Peace, Oscar. I guess Heaven needed another Angel. :-(

Oh my god :cry1 Im so sorry :grouphug Oscar You will be greatly missed

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

The first one I lost was Topaz. She was a clown that always had me in stitches. I had her only 3 years, she died at the age of 5. I too feel like I was robbed. Seven years later, I still do.

When I lost my Brindle 2 yrs later at age 8, I received this. It has helped me.

Farewell Master yet not farewell

Where I go, ye too shall dwell

I am gone before your face

A moment's time, a little space.

When ye come where I have stepped

Ye will wonder why ye wept.

Guest LadyChester

Oh my heavens ... the last update I read was that Oscar was doing better. I am so very sorry to hear this news. I loved his diaries, pictures, and the antics of that gorgeous guy. My sympathies to Marijke and her whole family, and Godspeed Oscar.

MP the 4 pack - that is a lovely poem and a fitting tribute.

Edited by LadyChester

Guest Keelyoue

Oh noooooooooo!!!! :cry1 The news literally made me nauseas. I can't get over this. I'm so sad. Noooo dammit! Not Oscar. Run free my little friend. We all miss you so much already. This is so devestating. :sad1

OMG, I can't believe this!

Oscar Man, you were one of those extra special pups. You brought such laughter to all of us here. The stories you told on you diary enteries were so very special and amusing. Like many here I am in shock. How your momma worshiped you! It was obvious the joy you brought to your family's lives and how you will be missed. I am so sorry that you had to leave at such a young age but I guess you had another job to do at the bridge. Be sure to send your mommy a rainbow when you can sweetie to let her know you are ok. Now you are whole, no more pain and you can run like the wind Oscar.

My heart goes out to you and your family, I am so very sorry. Oscar knew how much he was loved. Thank you for sharing him with us. Sending gentle hugs and prayers of comfort and peace during this sad time.

Karen

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

There are no words. :weep

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest EaglesMom

A Simple Message From Your Pet

by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell is better than to have never loved at all.

For all of the times that you stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and

returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me

so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful. I ask that you grieve

not for the loss but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each other's lives.

My life was fuller because you were there, not as owner, but as my friend. Today, I am

as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among fthe flowers and

the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump and play

and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints

and no regrets and no aging. We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know

that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such

as you are very rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself.

Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies,

and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your pet in heaven.

Guest GreyFox

Marijke, I'm so sorry. I loved your posts about Oscar and his Hulk! He brought such joy to your life in three short years, and you shared that joy with us on GT. Thank you for that.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Run free, Oscar. You will be missed.