Oscar

Guest TinasTroops

Guest GiJenn51

Oh my gosh. I am speechless. I was e-mailing with her back and forth last night. Marijke I'm so very sorry. :cry1 :cry1

God speed Oscar you will be missed but not forgotten. :gh_run

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hannahmom

Oh Dear God.

Oscar sweetie, you made so many people whom you never met smile, and you were adored by people half the world away.

When you are running around up there at the bridge, don't forget to cuddle with the Hulkman, and please send you poor grieving Momma a sign that you are OK up there

Godspeed Oscar, you handsome good boy

I am so sorry for your loss. Oscar is smiling down upon you thanking you for everything you did for him.

He will ALWAYS be with you in spirit.

Godspeed Oscar.

Hugs,

Carla

Guest TriciasZoo

Oscar,

You are deeply missed by so so many people that loved you, not just a WONDERFUL mommy, but from probably hundreds of people from afar. You are in my prayers at the Bridge. Run free, enjoy health and peace. And if you see my Chow, Poppi, please tell her she's still missed 12 years later.

Mare, sending you prayer, thoughts and love. I know how deeply painful this will be for you. Remember you are most certainly not alone. You and Oscar are both beloved members of the GT community. You two were a fixture here, stories and pics of Oscar were always anxiously awaited.

A candle has just been lit, and it will be allowed to burn itself out as a prayer candle should. Even DH has read tales of Oscar, and looked at pictures, that I've shown him. He rarely reads GT but he's always loved your stories.

The Zoo, and we, send our love and prayers,

:gh_run2:hope:candle:bighugf_yellow

Edited by TriciasZoo

I would like to send a memorial--where would you like it to go?

Thank you Patsy. Anything greyhound related. I do admire Dr. Couto's work, which is why a portion of the book's profits are going to him, but anywhere.

I miss him so much already. I keep waiting to hear his tags jingle as he walks into the room - or hear his big sigh as he naps through the afternoon.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound

Guest MomofCash

I'm sitting here at work crying ... I am so, so very sorry to hear about Oscar. I went to pop in on Health and Medical just to check if you had posted, and saw ...

Godspeed Sweetheart ... you were indeed, well loved ...

I feel as I've just been kicked in the stomach. I am so sorry.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest tricolorhounds

Oh No... Marijke, my heart is breaking for you,.. it's hard to type through the tears :cry1

Like so many others here, I loved reading Oscar's Diary. It always put a smile on my face. I will never forget the images of Oscar with his buddy the Hulk. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

...run free Oscarman, run free :gh_run2

Oh Oscar, I will miss you and your wonderful diary entries. I'm sure you're enjoying all the sunbeams you want now.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.